Bladder Pressure

Body: 

Hello,

I am just wondering if there is any one particular exercise that would help alleviate my symptoms that I should concentrate on. I have a uterine prolapse and although I have a padding of soft tissue at the front I have nothing hanging or bulging down so do not know if this is a small cystocele but my urethra seems bulgier than it used to. I also have some bulging at the back only during a BM and then it goes back so again this could be a small rectocycle but I am not sure if there is supposed to be some movement back there during a BM anyway.

My cervix sits about 1.5 to 2 inches in and although this causes a heavy feeling my main problem seems to be my bladder. I constantly feel like my bladder is being squashed and like it weights a tonne. I can never relax my pelvic floor when I am on my feet as it constantly feels like I might wet myself with the pressure I am feeling. This feeling never eases up. I have been for a brisk walk today and I just wanted to turn around and come home about half way through as it felt like it was getting worse with each step. I can only think that because of where my cervix/uterus is it is putting alot of pressure on my bladder. I would describe my cervix as taking up residence where my G-spot should be. God knows where mines gone as all I can feel now is a lump under the skin with my bulging cervix.

I can't imagine that these feelings will ever go away and I will feel symptom free but if anybody knows what I am talking about and finds one particular exercise really helpful please let me know.

A

Hi Anita

I can't help you with specific exercises, as the exercise principles for Wholewoman are based on whole body movement. You might find firebreathing helpful in getting your bladder back more into place, also the abdominal vacuum thingy.

It sounds to me as it you may be having trouble really relaxing our lower belly. If this is the case it will be depriving your bladder and uterus of a position over the pubic bone, because if you hold your belly in, the only place they can sit is over the pelvic floor, even if the rest of your posture is WW posture. That may be why you can feel them.

I have found that feeling for the bladder and cervix is better done with your hand stretched around behind you because it is easier to maintain the lumbar curve in this position. If I feel from the front I find that I have a tendency to lose my lumbar curve, and it is harder to loosen my lower belly, so I cannot get an accurate impresson of the effect of loosening my belly.

I am a serial butt and tummy tucker, like forty years of it, so this is the part of WW posture I have the most difficulty with! Try feeling with a fingerfor your bladder and cervix, both with your lower belly tucked in, and with your lower belly loose to get a comparison. You might need to practice loosening your belly a few times first so you can observe the sensation of it, before doing it with a finger in the vagina.

Good luck.

Louise