Prolapse during pregnancy & sex

Body: 

I see that most of the posts I have found are about mom's in the postpartum but I need help now at 18 weeks pregnant! I had been "diagnosed" with a grade 2 or 3 bladder prolapse last year about 14 months pp. I knew I had the prolapse since about 8 months pp, I just didn't need the diagnosis.

Here I find myself pregnant unexpectedly. My bladder has begun to be pushed even lower into my vagina than before, and I'm suspecting a drop of my rectum now as well (though I thought there was a slight issue there too way before). I try to practice my posture every chance I get and it doesn't help at all. I've ordered a sponge to start using as a pessary. and expect it to arrive this week.
I need more suggestions to help reduce & improve this dropping.

I couldn't find much on the forums about leaking during sex either. I can't feel the urine leaking byt notice the wetness. It's happened several times during sex with my husband (even before pregnancy). It very embarrassing, to say the least. I try to empty my bladder beforehand, once or twice that made no difference, especially if I'm experiencing an orgasm, I'll leak urine. I realize it's an extremely sensitive and personal subject (it is for me anyway). I could really use some help with it too. I feel like not being intimate with my husband for fear of leaking, though he's not said anything at all and ignores it, just showers off afterwards.

Thanks for your knowledge and guidance!

Hi and welcome. We've had any number of moms here who have gone through additional pregnancies and births after a diagnosis of prolapse. In the end everything will move up and out of the way. So concentrate on good WW posture as you go throughout your pregnancy, and aim for a gentle birth that allows you and the baby freedom to find your most comfortable and natural positions. Post partum will be an important time for doing this work, so try to get into a good routine now.

We have no way of knowing how you are doing with posture; practicing it every chance you get isn't really the same as training your body to do it automatically all the time (that's the goal). And you don't mention how long you have been doing this work or what else you have been doing as part of that work (WW exercises, firebreathing, protecting lumbar curvature all the time, good diet and toilet habits.....). My biggest improvements came in my second year.

I don't know what to say about the incontinence during sex. Try some different positions and see if that helps. If leaking isn't happening any other time, only with orgasm, then it doesn't sound prolapse-related. If the bladder is getting bumped or the urethra rubbed or irritated, a change of position may help, and obviously you want to empty the bladder beforehand. I googled this a little and it does seem that the physiology of female orgasm does not rule this out, the way it does with a man (to orgasm and leak pee at the same time). Also some woman do release a lot of clear fluids during orgasm. - Surviving

Hello, yes really try to get the posture sorted so you can do walking while pregnant which will really help, I had baby two with my prolapses and it was fine, I never checked anything as I don't anymore but it didn't get in the way. Try to avoid slouching chairs or slouching in general which people feel you should do when pregnant!! It will get better, you have ups and downs but I think maybe your looking more now and didn't notice the first time around as well. I was paranoid about sex but that gets better as well. Try some of the basic first aid for prolapse DVD if you have it. Not sure if you can firebreathing while pregnant, more experienced with know I thought not so I didn't. Try to keep very good bowel movements and plenty of rest. Take care and it will be fine.

No, you shouldn't firebreath when you are pregnant or on your period.

Agreed (about the firebreathing) and I didn't mean to suggest you should do that now. I was just trying to get a handle on your level of familiarity with WW and what you had been doing (if anything) up until this point, as you seem to know what WW posture is. At least I hope that's what you mean when you say posture. You speak of planning to use a sponge pessary so I wasn't sure. - Surviving