Menopause & Exhaustion

Body: 

As this is my first post, am hoping I've got the right area of the forum (apologies if not)

I have been watching the WW Second Wheel Yoga DVD and was rather taken by the explanation of hot flushes during menopause as it being a sign that a woman's body is out of balance and that women often arrive at menopause often exhausted.

Having found myself at this 'interesting' phase of my life, I am aware of just how exhausted I am - all the time. Everything leaves me feeling weary sadly, and the vitality I once enjoyed appears to have packed its bags and left.

My diet is very good and I am very active and do so much to support myself, but there's always this underlying sense of feeling bone tired. I am also doing much to support my adrenal function as I appreciate how that relates to a woman's vitality.

I have resisted HRT and other suggestions that my doctor felt would be helpful.

Just wondered if anyone else has thoughts on this, as having read so many previous posts, you all have such a wonderful wealth of wisdom.

With thanks.

Forum:

Hi Moonfeet and welcome. I think that disruption of sleep has a lot to do with this. Keeping tabs on that can help your body balance hormones naturally. Try to get to sleep by 10 PM and up by 6 AM and keep your room totally dark to stimulate natural production of melatonin (I occasionally take a supplement of this, not often). Christine teaches that if you are having periods of wakefulness during the night, try to use them for quiet meditation and you will probably fall back to sleep. She also has a great recipe for a sleep aid in one of her videos - made from lavendar and hops. Drink lots of red clover tea. Stick with a good anti-inflammatory diet, get as much quality rest and exercise as you can. It will get better! - Surviving