Can someone help me with pelvic rocks..

Body: 

Hi so I'm doing pelvic rocks and im rocking back and forth with my head straight and shoulders down.. So when I rock do I squeeze my pelvic floor or just let it do its job? I also have a breathing problem too as I know u have to relax your tummy and breath

Forum:

No need to squeeze anything. The breathing is critical, you inhale as the belly comes forward and exhale when you rock back. Christine sometimes calls these moves "new kegels" and you can see a little clip here (go all the way down to the bottom):
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1528

You should get the First Aid for Prolapse dvd, it explains all this and more. - Surviving

Thanks for helping me... Can I do it while I'm Prego?

Hi logansmom,
I think I remember you saying that you had miscarriages in the past? If you do attempt some of these exercises, be very gentle on yourself. I know women can do just about anything they have always done while pregnant, but the whole woman exercises would be new to you, and may cause some achiness or soreness.
As with anything, you may want to consult with your doctor to see what amount of activity you would be able to do with your history.

I'm new here as well but have been following Whole Woman program for a year, I just thought I would say what helped , I think getting in the rhythm with rocks is what helped me, not forcing it, enjoy it, the more you do it the easier it becomes, try to picture your pelvis tilting back and forth, sit your bottom comfy on your feet, remember to keep the posture and relax, I think its really important to get the breathing correct, its a completely different way of breathing than we are used to, well some of us, your tummy should rise when you breath in, letting your diaphragm expand, if you lay down with your hands gently on your tummy, as you breath in you will feel the air expand your upper and lower abdomen, as you exhale your lower and upper abdomen sinks in, just relax and let it become a natural process, you don't need exaggerate the pushing out or sucking in , if you master the breathing it will help with all the exercises, I hope I explained this properly, I'm terrible at giving instructions but I know what it feels like starting out, it takes time to master the exercises but you will be a pro in no time, take care and go easy,

But when I feel like I'm doing it written by I slow down and do it again . I don't know if I should do it now cuz I'm Prego. Is it safe.

Thanks AG and wise owl! I'll try to do what I can gently

I must admit I'm glad to make the switch to Pelvic Rocks. I like them way better than Kegels and feel more successful in following the instructions for them, as compared to Kegels. However, I'd like to know if Pelvic Rocks and Fire Breathing are completely replacing Kegels for all you. Are they really enough? I'm skeptical about the wisdom of never doing Kegels again ... when all the doctors and therapists so strongly recommend them. I've been doing them morning and night for so long now, I just want to be sure it's OK to give them up. Also, I can't find anything in the book, on the website, or on the DVD that says how many (or for how long at a time, or how many times a day) one should do the Pelvic Rocks. Could someone please clarify?

Hi marjorare,
Pelvic rocks are just one of the many exercises that we do with whole woman. They are meant along with the others to strengthen and help shape our bodies into our natural whole woman posture. Working on the posture is the key here, getting our pelvic organs moving into our lower bellies and creating a flattened airless space in the vagina and rectum.
This is not about one particular exercise that should be done over and over as a replacement for kegels, but a whole body transformation.
I don't know which DVD you have, but just try to do the whole routine as best you can, and also get into some good whole woman walking. These are the things that help us the most, and you will start feeling the difference over time as you work on all these aspects.

I did kegels faithfully for a couple of decades. Not because I had prolapse (I didn't!) but because I believed that's what women were supposed to do to keep everything healthy and tight and sexy down there. Well, I developed prolapse eventually. So they didn't help, and they probably aggravated the situation. Read what Christine has written on the subject:

https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=1497
https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=118

Pelvic rocks and avoidance of kegels are just the tip of the iceberg here. As AG says - it is all about learning and maintaining posture.

Here is another good read for you, if you are having trouble separating yourself from the medical view of prolapse management:

http://wholewoman.com/forum/node/6390

Lots to read and lots to do.....Good luck to you! - Surviving