Goddess belly question

Body: 

In the exercise portion of the goddess video, Christine says to raise the outer tips of your eyebrows and roll your tongue to the top of your mouth. Does this mean the tongue is flat against the roof of your mouth or the tip of tongue is touching the roof of your mouth…or something totally different? Can someone let me know? Thanks so much.

Forum:

Hi Joy - I suspect Christine has some skills that we don't all share.....I can raise my eyebrows, but most certainly not just the outer tips! Tongues are the same way; some people can roll and/or fold theirs in all kinds of crazy ways, but I never could. So just do whatever feels right. I put my tongue flat against the roof of my mouth when doing this part. - Surviving

I think rolling the tongue is actually a hereditary trait. I can fold my tongue and roll it to the top of my mouth, but my husband and daughter cannot. Interesting discussion. I suppose you could even stick your tongue way out also; I think I have seen this in yoga. Is it called the lion? Not sure.

Good questions, Joy.

Both of these exercises lift the face in very effective ways.

I'm not sure if there is some genetic propensity to be able to lift the outer edges of the eyebrows. It is the same set of muscles that lift the tops of the ears. I would focus on trying to lift the ears without wrinkling the forehead. Lifting the eyebrows in this way also lifts the corners of the mouth. Wrinkling the forehead seems to depress the corners of the mouth.

There is a "sweet spot" at your palate that the tongue can naturally rest against. When it is there you can feel a lifting and tightening sensation under your lower jaw and chin. When you move your tongue closer to the back of your top teeth, that lifting sensation disappears. When you roll your tongue back too far, it feels stressful and uncomfortable.

I want to encourage everyone who is doing the Goddess Belly workout to carry on. It is a powerful program for lifting the entire front line of the body, but results will take time. I fell off over the holidays, ate entirely too much (why do we do this to ourselves?) and am so glad to be doing the program every morning again.

We haven't begun marketing this product (it's on the To-Do list!) but should have a lot more feedback in the months to come.

Christine