Mmmmmooooo poo?

Body: 

Has anyone any thoughts on this technique for going to the loo? There's an online video (can't remember by who) showing a lumbar curve in place while you lean forward onto your thighs and first make the sound "mmmmm" to relax your lower stomach and then "ooooo" to exert a gentle downward pressure when you feel the urge to go. It's helping me with more complete emptying and I thought I'd share. Not sure it'd be a winner in a public toilet but these days with most of my dignity in tatters I'm beginning to care less and less about such petty concerns and more about my own comfort!

Here is what Christine has to say about the mooing thing.

"It is only on the out-breath that we can comfortably vocalize and on the out-breath the abdominal muscles contract. If you can say moooo while expanding your abdominal wall, you have a special talent! I can do that too, but it feels quite unnatural, as the abdomen automatically expands on the in-breath and passively retracts on the out-breath. I will never argue with your success, however! I only present guidelines based on anatomic realities."

You will find this quote in the comments section of the following blog post:

https://wholewoman.com/blog/?p=948