Body: 

Warm greetings! I am brand new to the site, and it looks extremely promising. I haven't tried any of the techniques yet, but I am working on it. I am curious to know if anyone has experienced any of the following:

I had my son about 6 months ago. It was a traumatic vaginal birth with complications. After 6 weeks I knew something wasn't right because I kept feeling like I had a huge bulge in the vaginal area that was making it difficult to walk, much less carry him around. The symptoms had not improved by 3 months post partum so I went back to the doctor who said I had a mild rectocele and cystocele. I was told to do kegels and Physical Therapy (PT). I did kegels for a while, but stopped when they didn't help very much, and I never did PT. Time went by and I was actually feeling really good, and had no symptoms. Then, about three days ago I began having severe pressure in my vaginal area, and a constant gnawing pain. It is difficult to walk, sit, or lie down. Turns out I have a severe uterine prolapse--my cervix is protruding. I'm still in constant pain (although it seems to be a little better in the mornings) and I am having trouble taking care of my little one all day long. Furthermore, I had an ovarian torsion at 4 months post partum and it seems that this is causing quite a bit of ovarian pain.

Is it ok to do these techniques while having pain or with a severe prolapse?
Is it common to have this type of discomfort (gnawing pain, difficulty walking, etc.)?
Has anyone with severe prolapse had favorable results after working the program?

Thank you for your time!

I'm not sure I'll be able to answer any of your questions but wanted to say hi and that yes I am sure this work is what will help you. I'm new here too (4.5 months pp with cystocele and rectocele) and although I'm by no means as knowledgeable as the other members here, from my reading I'd hazard a guess that possibly your uterus was being held up by the other two bulges all this time. As they improved, maybe your uterus moved down to take their place.
Whatever the reason for this sudden change, take heart that you are still very early postpartum and tha this will improve! Read around the post partum forum especially for success stories.
Also - as was suggested to me in a post recently - you might want to try elbows and knees throughout the day with your bum in the air to get things moving up.
It's so hard to cope with a baby while dealing with this. Enlist any and all help that you can and let the housework go for a while! Hopefully this is rock bottom and the only way to go from here is (quite literally) up!

Thank you so much for the support and guidance, as it is invaluable these days! I plan to get started with the program ASAP. :-)

Hi ILRaJ,
I have a serverely prolapsed uterus, but discovered mine at an older age, but have been managing it beautifully with this work. You are lucky in that you are younger when discovering yours and that you are post partum actually. Doing this work while you are naturally healing from having your baby is a great combination. Your body will take up to two years to heal on its own, and in a edition doing the posture work will really help you to get things moving in the right direction, out if the vaginal space and into your lower belly.
Take this work slowly and study everything you can. The post partum bundle may be a good investment for you. Those of us with severe uterine prolapse do have to be quite diligent with this work though. I did everything I possibly could: posture work of course every day, a dvd just about everyday, jiggling and firebreathing( which you will learn), walking in strong whole woman posture, good toilet habits, and changing diet.
It does take time to get that uterus moving, so be patient with it, you do have time on your side here.
I just wanted to say hi and best wishes to you.

p.s. Getting down on knees and elbows with butt in the air really is a wonderful relieving position to be in, especially in the beginning of this work, so do that whenever you can. And, take some nice deep breaths into your lower belly while you are there. Wonderful suggestion miss diagnosed!

I just wanted to add that I did have some burning, acheiness deep inside, some back pain, and a raw rubbing feeling in the beginning. There was also heaviness and a little pulling feeling. None of my pain was severe though, but it was present. Yours might be caused by the suddenness of your prolapse or from the ovarian torsion.
Pain can be subjective to each individual person, but severe pain should always be checked out by a physician. We are not medical professionals here, so we wouldn't really know how to advise you with that.

Thank you, Aging Gracefully. This is all so motivational for healing, and I can't wait to get started on my journey toward health. :-)

Hi RaJ,
You sound like a very optimistic person which already puts you on the path of healing. Christine Kent herself had a uterine prolapse (albeit surgically induced) which lead to a whole lot of research regarding the truth of female anatomy and eventually to the wholewoman method. So I would say that this work is in fact perfect for you. Once you understand the correct positions of your pelvic organs (they should be held forward towards the front of your body in your lower belly, that's where the true support comes from, not from the mythical pelvic floor), you will soon learn which movements and positions will help in supporting your organs and which things will make things worse. Good luck!