Exercises in First Aid For Prolapse Book/Video

Body: 

Hi folks. My info has finally arrived. Big question....how do I even begin to do the first moves for feet turnout with really tight hips without injuring knees,etc? Shouldn't there be some kind of more elementary stretching exercises to get the old body to be able to comply? There is no real step by step walk through in video or book to get you up to being able to begin these dance type moves that I can find. Am I missing something?Is there a more elementary body working program that will get me more flexibility without injuring myself?
Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Forum:

Hi dodismom,
Go to the Dictionary of Movements in the DVD. There you will find step by step instructions into these exercises. First Aid was the most difficult exercises of the videos for me to learn and do, but once you have, they are so rewarding. I love doing that DVD now!
Remember to take them slowly, maybe just doing a section at a time to start, and I even did some of my own stretching right before the video at first before starting. There are no steadfast rules to this; you just do what you can and work up to increasing your time with it. It will be well worth the effort.

p.s. If you have especially tight hips, you may want to look into the hips DVD.

Christine stresses over and over that turnout is from the hips, not the feet, because you don't want to hurt your knees. She also explains that you don't turn out any farther than you comfortably can (your knees will be over your toes). We aren't trying to be professional ballerinas here. You work slowly within your own limitations. Hip turnout during some of the exercises is an important element of improving pelvic organ support. I strongly agree with Aging Gracefully; if you have hip issues then you might want to use the Hips program first. - Surviving

Thank you for your feedback. I did afterwards see the moves instructions on the DVD. I really feel I need to get the hips program. I have a noticeable imbalance in my shape with one shoulder higher than the other ,one rib cage side more prominent and I know I am a bent knee walker...horrible. My hip and knee on one side has been bothering me a lot since I started trying to walk in posture but I have kept it going. My suffocating sensation when walking that I talked about in an earlier post has greatly eased...I think my diaphragm must be getting stronger! So I will definitely be ordering the hip program. Your advice is so much appreciated!

Hi dodismom,
I am having all sorts of trouble with my computer or I would have commented sooner.
I am living proof that Christine's approach works!
I started with the posture and wanted to straighten out my body and even it out and further fix hip instability, having stopped the painful concussion of the hip bones on my right side as soon as I adopted the posture.
I highly recommend the hips program, and after doing it almost daily for a few months I became pain free and had so many other benefits that it seems like a miracle!

Christine's approach is so holistic working for our whole body from the toes to the head!

I wish you well and let us know how you are going,

Aussie Soul Sister

Thank you so much for the encouragement.
I now have the hips book and video and have done my first run through of the exercises. It is curious how the right hip seems to be the side that causes so many of us trouble . My sister recently had the surgery and is still having much trouble.my heart cries for her after reading part way through the book. Dear soul..she has had a very long bout with knee,back,hip pain and had a hysterectomy early on in life. Christine's research will hopefully become mainstream.think how much suffering could be spared. I am telling anyone I think that is willing to listen about this site and the work Christine has done and made available to help women ! Blessings to you all!

Hi dodismom,

Start with the dictionary, go through the step by step. It will take some time to feel changes, once it stated and works like miracle

Best of luck