Fire Breathing

Body: 

A couple of years ago I bought the book and cd about curing vaginal prolapse - then moved house and in the chaos which ensued, I lost (misplaced?) them but rather than buy them again, wondered if anybody could remind me how to do the Firebreathing exercise as I recall it was quite successful?

Forum:

Hi Needingtoknow,
Sorry to hear you lost your book, but your best bet really is to invest in a new one, because the information in Saving the Whole Woman is invaluable and can be used consistently as a guide for us. Especially when it comes to the techniques that we learn, as in firebreathing. Christine really explains it the best; there is no substitute.

Hi can you tell me what book I should buy for the fire breathing.

Hi She,
The firebreathing is explained in Saving the Whole Woman book. It is also demonstrated in the First Aid for Prolapse, First and Third Wheel Yoga DVDs, and I believe in some of the online courses.

How have you been doing with the whole woman work? It is always nice to get an update, and maybe then be able to help you further, if needed.

Hello Dear People!
I am wondering about fire breathing and find myself wanting to know exactly what it does. I do understand how to do it -- and do it with my forearms on the floor. My uterus is very prolapsed and I push it back up before doing fire breathing and it descends immediately afterwards. I am 78! I wonder if it is useful for me? I do the Pee on Pee off exercise most days and love walking in The Posture, and drive with a support in my lumbar area. I think fire breathing comes from yoga and chi gong and would appreciate knowing more about it. Many thank yous in advance!

Hi sunrise,
From reading over your older posts, I see you have the First Aid for Prolapse DVD? The whole woman firebreathing is described very well there. You can also do it on hands and knees when first starting out, and then graduating to the standing position. I found that easier with the more profound uterine prolapse.
I see we did talk about firebreathing in this thread:

https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/node/7086

Just as a refresher to our discussion. I find firebreathing one of the best tools for a profound uterine prolapse. It does take several times a day, every day to start to get the uterus to stay inside, mostly.

Thanks so much Aging Gracefully for your prompt response! I do know how to do Fire Breathing. and do it with my forearms on the floor after I have pushed my uterus back up. It does not seem to be changing my prolapse. I think if I understood what it is supposed to be doing -- i.e. pulling the uterus back and up? or whatever? -- that that might help me do it more often, and/or help me visualize with intentionality its effectiveness. I know there are various Bandas in yoga and I sense that the practice of using Fire Breathing for prolapse issues may come from that. I think if I could hear more about what Fire Breathing actually does for a prolapsed uterus it would help me. Thanks again in advance if you can help me with this.

I forget now which video it is in, but Christine does describe the process of how the in breath pulls the pelvic organs forward, and then on how the out breath sucks them forward. When I do firebreathing I visualize this pulling and then sucking. It may be in the First or Third Yoga DVD, but I do like how she describes it.
I think also when you feel more comfortable with it, you should try the hands on knees and standing positions as well. I notice the dynamics of the firebreathing are more forceful or effective in these positions.

This does help. And I will do it more often and try the different positions. Thanks so much for the explanation and visualization. I will order those yoga DVDs too. Please know how much I appreciate your prompt response!!