Birthfit

Body: 

I'm a new member and will post my story soon. I just received and viewed the starter bundle. I've been using birthfit progression exercises 1-4 (google on youtube) and was wondering how they work with the Whole Woman mindset. Should they be a problem with prolapse? Thanks for the advice!

Forum:

Hi farmgirl and welcome,
It is always best to make sure you have the posture down really well before starting a new exercise regiment; that way you can judge best if you feel your body falling out of posture during a routine.
Other indicators of a exercise program that isn't good for prolapse is if they are telling you to suck in your tummy, or if you start to feel symptomatic during or after it.
Christine's routines are very prolapse friendly, and are a great start into letting you know how to hold your body during exercise for future endeavors.
Hope that helps some.

Yes I agree....it would be putting the cart before the horse to embark on an exercise program without learning WW principles first. Once you have done that, you can evaluate everything you do and make adjustments if necessary.

Haven't googled this, but you have permission to post a link if you want us to comment. Most post partum programs out there tend to be way off base. I'd be cautious if I were you. - Surviving

I haven't viewed all of the Whole Woman exercises yet...but I think at least one of them is the same. Of course I'm getting up to speed on the Whole Woman posture as quickly as possible. Here are the links if someone has time to check. The first is an explanation and the second is the exercises: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#search/birthfit/158b78b0bfc5b5d8?proje... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhi_X0KFcwU
Thanks for the help!

Hi farmgirl,
All I can suggest is that you study the Whole Woman Posture and learn the principles of Whole woman.
I studied and lived in the posture for some time before doing any exercises other than walking.

The Whole Woman exercises are based on the fundamentals of whole woman posture and the Whole Woman posture is the most important aspect to learn first, and live in.
This does give me the basis as to whether any other activity outside Whole Woman, is suitable and if enough of the principles are Whole Woman safe, or it needs a couple of adjustments I will give it a go.

The longer I live in the posture, the stronger my body becomes, and I am going UP the other half of life's hill...For exercises in general if I want to do some, I stick to Whole woman, and thanks to Christine I can live pain free and strong, managing prolapse and healing my hip issues and so much more- I can now learn Scottish country dancing which ticks all the boxes and learn how to run Christine's way.

I hope this helps,

Aussie Soul Sister

Thank you so much for the advice. I've been resting in bed and reading/watching up on all of this and have started trying to adopt the WW posture and toileting. I just posted my history in pelvic health. Too bad I let things get so bad before finding this site, but I am hoping that I can be helped by the information here.

I was not able to get anything from the first link. I did watch the YouTube and all the red flags came up. Engaging your "core", pelvic floor, "neutral" pelvis.......this is all the same stuff that has gotten women into the state we're in! The first exercise especially, is the kind of move I used to do a lot of.......ouch. You will learn about body angles as you get into the WW work. Conventional modes of exercise don't distinguish between the male and females "cores" or the differences between a more pronounced thoracic curvature (male) or lumbar curvature (female). I would recommend some immersion in WW principles for awhile, then you can go back and re-evaluate everything from a fresh perspective. - Surviving

PS, Christine has commented on this video, see below:
https://www.wholewoman.com/forum/comment/55892#comment-55892

I am very new to the WW program and still learning the posture. It's been tough as I am halfway through my 3rd pregnancy and so my body is a little bit of a different shape at the moment. But I have found that my body struggles to maintain or properly pull up into the WW posture without activating my muscles with one of Christine's light workouts. I will sometimes do the ballet moves on the First Aid dvd while brushing teeth or cooking breakfast without working my body to exhaustion. Otherwise, I just can't seem to engage my upper back into the right position.