What to focus on when doing the exercises?

Body: 

A few years ago i got the Saving the whole woman plus several dvds. I adopted a few procedures but left it there. I'm so used to focusing on my stomach muscles when doing nearly everything (even when slicing bread!) - having been advised to do this because of 'weak lower' back and hips moving out of alignment etc. Hardly surprisingly, my prolapse has been getting worse - even though i was aware, i wasn't taking much notice :( Now, I must! So, I'm staring the exercises from from 'Saving the whole woman', suggestions please on where to place my focus when doing them - yes, keeping my ribs and chest up, keeping my lower belly relaxed (difficult) .... maybe that is enough - the rest will take care of itself as i get stronger? However, feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks

Forum:

I have a long standing back problem that I used to keep manageable with osteopathic treatments. I haven't been since I discovered my prolapse. Does anyone know if an osteopath would cause any problems for my prolapse ?

Just a reminder that WW is not primarily an exercise program. The exercises, when done in correct posture, help strengthen and condition the body to hold posture effortlessly. What counts is that you are observing posture as you go all throughout your day. Belly relaxed and chest lifted was always my mantra; I concentrated especially on these two things at the beginning and the rest came along just fine. - Surviving

What exactly are these? Not familiar myself. - Surviving

Had been keeping chest up but but belly also taut, so focusing on relaxing belly now but, but where do core muscles come into this?

I would say it's time to go back to the book and DVDs that you have, and refresh yourself on basic concepts. The female "core" is at the level of the sacrum and traditional exercise suggesting we strengthen the abdominal "core" is one of the big reasons we have prolapse happening in such huge numbers. - Surviving

Yes :), am doing just that