First Aid for Prolapse

Body: 

Hi there,

This has probably been covered, but I tried a bunch of search terms and didn't find anything, so I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

The exercises start with the women sitting on their heels. This is not a position that I can achieve because of various tightnesses that I trust will release over time. As far as I could tell, there is no alternative given. Did I miss something? Is sitting in a chair and doing those movements an acceptable alternative? Similarly, sitting crosslegged or with legs straight out with an uncollapsed lower back (with no help from the arms) requires flexibility I do not currently have. I would imagine that sitting a little elevated, say on a yoga block, might be ok for those exercises? Is that correct? (Once the exercises involve holding onto the shins, I'm good.) I did look through the dictionary of movements, and I didn't see anything relevant, but I may well have missed something. Again, I would be very grateful to be pointed to areas of the forum or videos (First Aid for Prolapse, Dictionary of Movements) where this has previously been covered.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Forum:

Hi ww,
Yes, it is perfectly fine to adjust the exercises to fit your flexibility, and the alternatives you have mentioned sound like a great way to do it. Not all of us start out super flexible when starting this work, I know I definitely wasn't. It takes time to slowly stretch our muscles and get things working in the right direction, so please do what you need to to get to that place.

Thank you so much for giving me confidence in my solutions, Aging gracefully. Very much appreciated!!