Chinese Medicine & Accupuncture

Hi, there has been so much activity on Chinese medicine lately I'd thought i would start a topic. :)

I am curious for the few that are using traditional chinese medicine...does the doc prescribe you a pack or herbs and you have to boil it up and drink it or is it premade by their own pharmacy?

I think the whole belief system centers around good blood circulation and energy of the body. Everything is described and hot or cold. Sometimes it is hard to translate its true meaning to the western culture.

So it does sound silly that not wearing shoes can chill the uterus! But I think that it can be interpreted as a translation of wearing something to keep the feet warm, even socks can improve circulation to the body and to pelvic area. It's like wearing a hat outside on a cold day to keep the heat from escaping your body. :)

The WholeWoman Project

Christine, I saw you mention this in a much earlier post. A very very important endeavor, I think. I never have heard anyone talk of the relationship between obstetric birth practices and prolapse. This is info women need.

Have you ever written an article for Mothering magazine? I would think they would eat it all up.

Diseases or conditions causing prolapse?

I am wondering if there is a connection between certain diseases or conditions and prolapse. The diseases or conditions I am wondering about include immune system dysfunction or weakness; connective tissue disorders - if so what kind specifically; hernias or swollen lymph nodes in the groin area; any kind of infection in the body.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

An anatomical question

I was checking out my cystocele, just back of the introitus, and I noticed a little hole (opening). I never noticed it before. Is it the uerethra? Also, can the position of the bladder have changed with the postures and that's why I could see the hole?

Pregnancy and Birth after prolapse-- my story

I posted this about a month ago, but with my computer problems it was posted in the old forum never to be seen...

Everyone's experiences are different of course, but I'd like to share mine as a source of hope and encouragement. My first daughter was born in 2000 via c/section. I had always had some issue with bm's and didn't have the greatest diet. I did not want to undergo the knife again so I researched natural childbirth and discovered my local hospital would force me to have a repeat c/s if I went there so I decided on homebirth--which was not something I ever thought I would do. But through all of my research I trusted in my body's ability to birth a child without being interupted impatient and rude nurses or doctors and I trusted my midwives to be in tune to a laboring woman and know danger signs. I also knew that being less than five minutes from my local hospital that I would get as quick of medical attention as if I were actually in the hospital since even "emergency" c/s usually happen 30 minutes after the doctor decides it's an emergency. so all that being said, I had a gentle homebirth and then I discovered I prolapsed and I was devastated. All three of my organs dropped and there seemed no hope. I was terrified of getting pregnant again even though I wanted a large family.

I've Found You!

Hi, everyone. I thought the site disbanded. Something must be seriously wrong with my laptop because it keeps pulling up an old forum where I've posted a TON of stuff, but no replies and then it finally stopped letting me log in. Until I get my laptop fixed, I probably won't be able to post much. But I'm glad it's still alive and well. I also had to change my name and reregister because it wouldn't recognize anything I put in.

I am very well and do not notice prolapses at all. I'll catch up all the posts as I can
Jane

Lowering a waistline

This may not be such a great idea, Marie, because (1) a picture is worth a thousand words, and (2) I’m a renegade seamstress who doesn’t do things by the book.

I’d start with something very cheap from the second-hand store to practice on. Of course you’ll become a perfectionist in time, but remember that it only has to be functional to be worn with a long shirt and low belt. In that case, don’t bother making belt loops on the garment, as they will only add bulk underneath.

Materials: unbleached, pre-shrunk (washed) muslin for interfacing; preshrunk woven cotton for facing; 7-inch zipper that matches your garment; large paper (newspaper roll ends work great.) The facing fabric will not be seen and can be any print or color you like.

Clothing

After re-reading STWW's section on clothing, I decided to look for some clothing that didn't at all restrict my waist, etc. I found these great clothes -- stylish, made of stretchy material. Wow. I feel so much better! How these things came to you is really wonderful, Christine.

So, the question is: now it's time to go through all my clothes -- those darling pants and skirts, but all a little restrictive around the waist. Even some of my lower waisted jeans feel a bit restrictive. but, do I get rid of them forever???? Or, just put them away for awhile. I think I know the answer.

What's the relationship between UI and Prolapse?

Ok, is there any relationship between urinary incontinence and prolapse? Does one cause the other? I don't think so because you can have UI without the prolapse right? If you are starting to develop UI does that mean a prolapse is near? I am trying to get all this straight in my head and now this part is confusing me. I was told by the urogyno that even though I am not experiencing UI right now, if I had surgery to lift the prolapses, then I might, because right now the prolapses could actually be preventing the UI. That makes sense to me but why have the UI too? Is that because the urethra has "prolapsed" too?

Vibrational remedies for UP

I just wanted to share some info about a company in CO that makes vibrational remedies. They are kind of like homeopathics but much more powerful & safer. It is called Healers Who Share www.healerswhoshare.com
The website has some fascinating info. My MD, who is also a practicing Naturopath discovered them only months ago & now makes these remedies the foundation of his practice and has healed all kinds of incurable conditions with them, one of which is tremors. My mother had a skin condition in which her fingers were raw and peeling. She used three remedies for it, and it cleared up in 4 weeks. There is a remedy for Uterine Prolapse and hundreds of other conditions, emotional & spiritual.

Pages

Subscribe to Whole Woman Village Forum RSS