Just to Hello

Hi Christine and Everyone,

Your new format looks very elegant and is very nice....Good Job!

I just thought I should let some of the new girls/women know that I am someone who started using Christine's suggestions about posture et al over two years ago. I recall that I was 'new member #100' (which is supposedly the "critical mass number" that tips the scales of 'our non-local consciousness' ) Anyway....I am now 59 years old and I have stabalized my prolapse to the point where I hardly ever notice it anymore. At times when things do slip down a bit, I certainly am not concerned nor bothered by it....I go merrily about my daily chores, pull myself up into the proper posture and continue my little life which includes quite a bit of phyiscal work and lots of energy. I may even have more energy now than I did 5 or 6 years ago (menopuasal years) As I said in some other posts (way back somewhere), I really think that changing my posture has not only stabalized the prolapse but it has given me a strong inner balance and powerful 'stance' mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I feel confident, healthy, beautiful and gracious, without a doubt.

Pessary

I've had a pessary holding in my prolapsed uterus for about 2 years now. My doctor was going to do a hysterectomy but since the pessary was working so well he said I would be just fine using it--possibly for years. I go in every 3 months to have it checked--in addition to douching and using Trimo-San Jelly 3x's a week.

I'm wondering if I can do the exercises, strengthen my muscles, and not need the pessary? I don't like the idea of this foreign body inside me for the rest of my life! Nothing is "perfectly safe."

I haven't seen any discussion of pessaries in this sight.
thanks.

Shelter.............

Christine,
The section on "shelter" in your book really resonated with me. I have been pondering this issue in relation to how I have been feeling for some time. I live in AZ in the suburbs and since having my first child I have had feelings of isolation in relation to this living arrangement. I grew up in a small village in the UK and felt quite nurtured there. I want so much for my daughters to feel the same way as I did but don't think this is possible the way we are living now. In the UK there is a nationalised healthcare system so that everyone knows they will be cared for, this is not the case here and I think this adds to the feelings of isolation and anxiety. (I am not trying to say that the healthcare system in the UK is perfect, it is really not, and the governent are struggling to pay for it of course). The worries over healthcare and retirement only add to feelings of fear and inadequate "shelter" for us all. Don't get me wrong, I love the United States and I am so very grateful for all the opportunities this country had offered for me and my family but I miss that strong sense of community. Anyway, I know I can do things to change that, (like joining a forum such as this), and I do have some very special people in my life who add to that too. Anyway, just a few thoughts, I hope you don't mind me sharing these!

PILATES?

Christine mentions under FAQs that certain pilates moves/positions can lead to prolapse. Scary!! I just started doing pilates as a prevenative for pain down the road - the last thing I want to happen is for the exercises to backfire on me and cause a problem. I'd like to know what Christine recommends. What resource of hers would any of you recommend in order to learn more about which exercises/positions I should avoid in pilates?

Thank you!

Where is the Information?

Hi,

I discovered this website by doing a google search on "neutral spine" and "pilates." I'm 28, don't have prolapse and have just for the first time found out about it. Obviously, I want to know more to prevent this ever happening to me or my friends and family.

Some of you seem to have really been helped by Christine's exercises and her DVD.

---My question: Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find any information about any of Christine's products or even who Christine is. Is she a gynecologist? I did find her book on Amazon, but she has a DVD as well? Can someone please tell me where you all are finding all this information? I can't imagine this basic information not being on the website, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe my browser is messed up.

Can post partum prolapse REALLY get better?

I am new here and terrified! I found out two weeks ago, (a week post partum after delivering my second beautiful baby girl), that I have a uterine prolapse. The delivery was natural and very quick, only five hours with 10 minutes of Pushing. My cervix was prolapsed to the entrance of my vagina. I think from reading here and elsewhere that I also have a mild rectocele. I do not have any pain or other symptoms. My midwife does not know what to do with me, apparently I am VERY "rare". I am devastated, I can't stop crying and feel so depressed. I am so scared that this will get worse and I am only 37. I wanted another child in the future but now feel too scared. I have been referred to a Gynaecologist in three weeks and feel scared even to go in case it is worse than I think. It has not re- prolapsed, I am doing pelvic floor exercises and have heard from two other people I know that they had the same thing and it got gradually better after delivery so that the cervix was almost back to normal after several months. Can this really happen after having a baby? Please, I am desperate for some accurate information and a thread of hope. Sorry to sound so down and negative, I think it is a bit of the post partum blues as well.

clothing idea

Okay this might sound weird but I will share it anyway :) I have been very distressed about my pants since holding the new posture. They are so uncomfortable! Since I am on mat. leave I can usually wear comfortable clothes at home but whenever I went out I had to undo my pants when sitting. It was so annoying. So I came up with an idea. When I was pregnant I remember they had a lot of pant styles that look like "normal" pants. You could not tell they were maternity pants. Of course near the end of my pregnancy I had pants with the elastic cloth that pulls up over your belly but the other pants for early on and postpartum look like non-maternity pants.

FOR WHOM SURGERY?

We’ve raised many questions and even stumbled upon a few essential answers over the course of the past two years that Whole Woman™ has been live on the Web. A body of knowledge has developed around this approach to pelvic organ prolapse and a set of principles laid down that most of us could probably agree on. There is little doubt that the symptoms of stage three prolapse of the bowel and bladder differs significantly from woman to woman, given that the same organs, muscles, vessels and bones are involved in all.

What makes the difference then between the woman who happily chooses palliative measures over surgery and seems to live well in spite of her chronic condition, and the woman who is an emotional wreck and just can’t seem to get beyond the hope that some doctor or therapist “out there” is going to make it all go away?

Hi-yai-yai-yai-yai!!!!!

Hi Everybody!!!!

Geeeemini-Christmas! I thought we were going down for an hour or so and it turned into weeks!! There were tremendous problems moving all the data from the old forum. It had something to do with the custom script the old forum software was written in...bottom line the web developers had to manually move a jillion files over here - a process that took several days. We could've just started over, but it would've been a shame to lose all the old posts.

So...here we are!! I hope you all like the new site!!! I love it, although there are still a few little things to work out. I think the font size is a bit small, which is completely changeable (at least on the forum) once I figure out how!!

PROMINENT UROGYNECOLOGIST OFFERS PERSPECTIVE ON ELECTIVE C-SECTION

Approximately one-third of American births are now carried out by cesarean section. This increase is largely due to a philosophical change within the practice of obstetrics and gynecology that has begun to view elective cesarean as an ethically sound practice in the prevention of pelvic organ prolapse, urinary and fecal incontinence, and sexual dysfunction.

In a recently published article (i) pelvic reconstructive surgeon Ingrid Nygaard gave the reasons she believes suggesting to women that elective cesarean delivery will eliminate the lifetime risk of urinary and fecal incontinence is “disingenuous.” Nygaard states, “There is no doubt that many factors exist to support the contention that a global policy of elective cesarean delivery is ill-advised.”

Pages

Subscribe to Whole Woman Village Forum RSS