For Michelle

Body: 

Thank you Michelle! I am so grateful for everyone on this forum. It is so comforting to know that others know how I feel and everyone here is so supportive. I am so glad you posted this because I have been feeling down. I stopped eating all wheat this week and did not notice any difference. Actually the wheat I used to eat was whole wheat so since stopping I haven't been as "regular" which has been an added pain in the behind, literally. I have never had this problem so it is like I traded one problem for the other. I will be weaning completely soon (my daughter is sick right now so this isn't the time) and then I will try eliminating meat. What do you eat instead of meat to make sure you get enough iron etc.?

Gosh Mommynow,

I have to say that I am not nearly as attentive of my diet as I should be. I really have little stomach for meat and so I eat no red meat, (except for this recent lapse), and little chicken
and other fowl. I do eat fish though, and I love lentils and any other pulses, which I tend to batch cook each week. (My family is reluctant to eat these, so often I have meals for a week after doing this). Otherwise I make sure I eat lots of salad and veggies, baked potatoes, rice, tofu mixed in things, Tahina, and I am afraid too much cheese. Cheese does not seem to affect me at all and I am usually pretty regular. I also eat wholegrain bread etc, and I tend to eat snack foods as well which again don't seem to affect me, but which I know aren't good for me. (I am also quite small framed and tend to lose weight easily if I am not too careful).

I take a pre- natal vitamin as I am still nursing my almost one year old quite a lot. (I know the necessity of this has been discussed on the forum, and I probably would not take this if my diet were more organised and consistent). My baby has been SO reluctant to take a sippy cup. At this rate I will be nursing her for exclusive fluids until she is four! :) I totally don't mind though, and plan to nurse for as long as she wishes. She will most likely be my last little baby so I am savoring and loving this time.

Interesting actually, I ovulated a couple of weeks ago and have been waiting for my first period since my daughter was born, but nothing yet. Do you, or any others have any experience of ovulating without a period to follow? (No I am NOT pregnant!:)

I have to say, I really need to be more consistently attentive of what I eat. I do eat a lot of green leafy vegetables such as broccoli, and kale, which are good sources of iron I believe, though I am certainly no expert in this area. I had labs done a few months after my daughter was born as I was feeling generally physically run down and my hemaglobin was fine. I wonder why you have been so anemic? Has this been investigated? Without wanting to push you towards a Dr unnessecarily, (?sp), perhaps you should get this looked into further.

Anyway, sorry I can't be more helpful. The pressure I was feeling has passed with the meat as it were, and I am feeling back to baseline again. All in all a good lesson for me.

I am so sorry that you have been feeling down Mommynow. I am not surprised. You are such a strong and amazing spirit with all of this, and to watch you valiantly trying everything you can do personally to make things better is an inspiration for me. I think of you often! Here's hoping meat is the key for you, as it seems to have been for me! :)

Big Hugs,

Michelle.x

Um I don't think I have ever ovulated without a period to follow....except for the month I got pregnant :) Do you know for sure you ovulated? Do you chart? I am not sure what could be going on there....

As for me being anemic I am not sure why I am so prone to it but I was found to be anemic as a teenager too. Since then though I've been okay. I am sure that I became anemic again because I was fiddling around with my diet in the beginning of finding this site when Christine suggested going vegan but I didn't do my research and figure out how I should be eating to get my vitamins and minerals. She also suggested dropping my multivitamin so I lost that iron as well. I was trying not to eat much meat but I didn't do a good job at replacing it with iron rich foods. You see I never ate beans, rice, tofu, spinach, kale, collard greens, tahini, etc. any of these kind of foods before getting prolapse. I grew up eating meat and potatoes and lots of wheat and dairy. We ate fruits and veggies but only the well known ones. I have learned a lot more about foods and healthy eating since getting prolapse. Christine has been a big help by giving me foods that are rich in iron and foods that help absorb iron. I wasn't being diligent because I am not used to eating that way and to be honest I don't like many of those foods. I am learned to like some though. Thanks for your support. I will trying to drop meat again soon and I hope as well that it makes a big difference for me :) Thanks for your support and thoughtfulness :)

I have on occasion ovulated and not gotten my period for a while after. I am also pretty sure that I have had cycles where I've ovulated twice, sometimes a week or two apart. odd, but IME, anything goes, especially while nursing.

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I am absolutely sure I ovulated, I know the signs pretty well. My period could just be late which would be fine as I'm not especially looking forward to all that again after such a long break! :)