a doctor's quote

Body: 

In discussing the possibility of surgery for my cystosele with a (new) gynecologist, I said

Doctors are so quick to lump all women in the pages of a book and leave it at that. Can you imagine if something as simple as the way we walk could "control" our prolapses - the financial impact on the medical community who specialize in this type of surgery? Much like taking herbs over prescribed drugs.

Dr. Tim Johnson said that menopausal women experience merely three symptoms. So far 35 come to mind. No wonder menopausal women keep doctors in the high income bracket. They are thinking all kinds of horrible "diagnoses" when in essence it is withdrawal symptoms from estrogen affecting every "innards" in our body. After all, we were bathed in this hormone since our teen years and when those ovaries shut down - there goes the primary production of this hormone. Geez!

Sybille

Her comment is very presumptuous, given that no where at any time have a group of women attempted to stabilize/reverse prolapse with posture. We are the first! :-)

yes! and if it were not for you and for this forum, i would never have the resolve that i have to try something that goes against (closed minded) conventional wisdom.
thanks again,
loralie

Good grief! Where's the rolling eyes smiley? I am thankful that at least my doctor will humor me with the possibility that something other than surgery can work! I actually can't wait until my yearly exam this year so he can see how much better I am! :)

Julie

Hey Julie,

when is your next appointment? will you report back? i'd love to know if your doctor notices and comments on your progress.
also ... won't it be interesting to see if someone else can confirm what you feel; that you are improving?
loralie

Julie!!

I referred to you as "Jill" in an earlier discussion...sorry!...you were the one I had in mind (I have a ton on my mind) when I was talking about improvement. I still have your beautiful testimonial that you wrote when you first began this work, but have waited to publish it until we have more data of solid results. PLEASE tell us what your doc says and I hope you will tell him/her to mention us at their next professional conference.

:-)Christine

Hey! My next appointment is in July, so a little ways away. But I really do believe that he will be able to see some improvement. That would be exciting, wouldn't it? I'll definitely update you then. :)

Julie