How are the pregnant ladies

Body: 

Hi to everyone. Just wondering how my fellow pregnant ladies are doing? Granolamum I've seen a few posts of yours and you seem to be doing great - congrats. Bigmomma, you still around? I know there's a couple of other pregnant women on here too, sorry can't remember names.
I'm 6 months pregnant now and doing ok. I still have good and bad prolapse days, uterus doesn't feel that high and I still get bulgy feelings, nothing I can't live with. I've a loosening in my sacro-iliac joints (results in lower back pain) and would love to wear a support belt but have to balance the benefit to the back with the squeezing at the front of my pelvis so so far I've managed without it.
I'm Awful at maintaining the posture. Not too bad in sitting but can't keep it in standing so I've no right to expect an improvement! I'm convinced it's the Irish weather - we're all hunched forward, head down, jaw set in a grimace against the freezing rain!!
Anyway, I'd love to hear how all the other pregnant women are doing.

I am doing well, thanks for asking : )
In fact, I'm doing worlds better than I had dreamed to hope, prolapse wise. I feel...nothing! well, general bulginess, but I think that's nothing more than usual pg stuff.

I do wear a support belt when I walk on the treadmill, it fits low, beneath the belly and it doesn't feel like its compressing the wrong areas. I mostly feel a gently squeeze at the hips, on the sides, and it actually feels good. my joints are all loosey-goosey these days, so the compression is kinda nice.

and I agree, cold weather makes it hard to stand up tall and proud.

an interesting observation though....I don't know if its just because this is my fourth pg, but I'm carrying way different this time. all out and forward and the top of my uterus seems tipped away from my body a bit. If I tuck my bottom, it looks more like it did with my previous pg's. wondering if this is the posture at work???

anyway, glad to hear you are doing well, I hope all the other pg mama's are too.

Hi granolamom (sorry for getting your name wrong in original post, granolamum would be the English version, granolamam the Irish version, and of course granolamom is the US version!). I just saw in another post that you're 37 weeks. Very exciting! I'm not surprised you're getting worried about the birth now but I hope you manage to stay strong and know that you're well equipped to have a gentle birth which will hopefully leave your prolapse no worse off than before. Very best of luck and I'm looking forward to hearing your good news and tips in a few weeks!

hi everyone,
i've been meaning to post an update for some time, but having another baby has kept me busy!
the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy were tougher than usual as i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. thankfully i was able to manage on just diet, without insulin. however, i felt tired and sick, bloated, headaches, higher than usual blood pressure etc.
the last few weeks of pregnancy i had awful trouble voiding my bladder as the baby seemed to be crushing it during the day, and i seemed to swell, and then pee all night!

labour was very long 26 and a half hours, and was incoordinate and never seemed to get going right. second stage was quick when i eventually felt up to pushing. baby charlotte was 9lbs 8 ozs (considerably lighter than predicted!).

i tore along the original site of the episiotomy from my first labour (this is no. 4) (2nd degree tear). bizarrely, i feel that the restitching has acted as a mini repair on my rectocele. it feels better than it did pre pregnancy. but i now have a cystocele where i didn't have one before.

i am trying the posture, fire breathing and some kegels. hopefully i will see some improvement as it is still early days.

bye for now

congratulations babs!
wow, 26 hrs of labor and a nine pounder....you're superwoman!
sorry to hear about the tear and the new cystocele, though. hopefully it'll resolve soon. I hope you're getting some rest (is that possible with four kids?) and enjoying your sweet new baby girl.

thank you for the kind wishes.
i am getting as much rest as you would expect, and i am thankful that i seem to have been blessed with a good contented baby who feeds and sleeps.