I feel awful...

Body: 

I am 18 weeks pregnant and as you may have read I am feeling more and more heavy down below. I am even getting the trapped air that I had right after the birth which went away once my uterus went up. I am so uncomfortable. From the minute I stand I have so much pressure. Even after laying down all night I wake up to pressure. The thing that has me really depressed is that for a little bit there I was feeling good and I thought it was because I didn't have a lot of meat when I had bad morning sickness. Well this week I have really made a good effort to eat no meat at all for the first time and eat lots of veggies and fruit and less junk. I feel no difference or worse. I just feel really down and thank you for letting me vent.

It must be pretty bad! But very soon you will be feeling much better, I am sure.
I notice that when I eat bad and my rectocele gets worse it takes longer than a week for the pressure to go away when I go back to eating well.
I did have the trapped air problem after I gave birth and I thought that was really awful, so I really feel for you.
Please try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy - I know that it is easier said than done.
Love,
Reka xxx

I think it is so funny that you say you felt good when you had morning sickness- every other prego woman hates you :):)
I wish you felt better- and the thing is, you will. Maybe you do already-since you posted this. Soon your baby will be so big your uterus will pull up and then you will feel great!
Hang in there mommynow-
and on the off chance that you don't feel better- well you will still get a baby out of the deal- so you have something to look forward to- a happy thought.
thank you for providing an honest picture of what preg and pop can look like- I am the kind of girl who likes to see all sides of the story. Keep me updated.
Do the hands and knees thing- it really helps and of course rest if you like-

I'm sorry you feel so lousy. I was pretty lucky, my prolapses were mostly unnoticeable throughout this pg. lately however, I'm feeling really bulgy and my cystocele's irritating me. well, lets be honest, right now everything and everyone is irritating me. but anyway.
I hope as you get bigger, everything gets pulled up and over your pubic bone and you can get through the rest of you pg feeling good with not even a thought of prolapse.

and I find hands & knees to be the most comfortable position right now.

Thank you for the support during this time. I hope you are all right and soon the baby will lift up. I get so frustrated that I let this overshadow my pregnancy but it is so hard when I feel so uncomfortable.

Sorry for the late response, I try and get on whenever I can, but busy with my now 4 month old. I feel as though I know exactly how you feel, but TRY not to stress to much. My pregnancy was so overshadowed by my prolapse, and I felt so bulky through my whole pregnancy, I thought that after my birth it was going to be so bad, but to my amazement, all the bulkness went away. I know how you feel right down to getting not much relief at night. I also still felt bulky at night and thought I was doomed and that for sure after my pregnancy I would be so damaged, but it was the complete opposite.

So just hang in there. :-) Nicola

Thank you Nicola. That is exactly what I needed to hear right now. I am really hoping it is the pregnancy because I never used to wake up with the bulging and pressure before and I am eating so well right now (I think). I gave up meat two weeks ago and there has been no difference. I am hoping that there really has but the pregnancy has its own symptoms. I don't know what I'd do without getting reassurance from you ladies :)