granolababy is here!

Body: 

hi everyone...just wanted to let you all know that granolababy made his entrance last night (april 26) at 6pm, weighing in at 7 lb 15 oz.

I went into labor around 7 am, by 3 pm was walking around the block with my doula to keep things from slowing down. 5 pm I was still sitting around the kitchen table helping my dd with homework, we called the mw and she said she'd finish up with her last patient and head over. 5:30, I had 3 back-to-back biggie contractions and went to pee...then hollered for the doula to get me off the toilet 'cuz baby was a comin!
I got onto my hands and knees and the doula caught the baby's head. three more contractions - no pushing! - and he was completely born.
we wrapped him up in towels and sat around waiting for placenta and mw.
not exactly how I planned things, but not too bad either!

oh, and no new tears, so that's great news.

I'm heading back to bed now, but I'll be back when I can

hope all's well with everyone

WELCOME TO THE WORLD GRANOLABABY

Hoping all goes really well - Cant wait to hear more

Hi Granolamom, so happy to hear of your baby's arrival and you sound terrific. Well done and congratulations. I love reading your posts on here, they seem to make so much sense, so had to send my best wishes. All is well on the POP front here, not getting symptoms much and doing lots of walking and cycling. Cheers, Wendy

So many congratulatory hugs to you, g-mom…I hope you’ll fill us in on the details when you’re ready. Like…how you managed the siblings! Sounds like your doula has lengthened her resume a bit lol. I agree with Wendy – yours is one VERY cool head.

Lots of love,

Christine

I'm sure you're happy not to be pregnant anymore!!!! Well done!

Candice

I'm Sooo Happy for you and Baby x

So delighted for you Granolamom, well done! Welcome to the world little one. :)

Love Michelle.

yeah! I am so excited - congratulations on your "perfect" birth. Brave strong woman. and no tears either hurray! super- now get your rest- no crazy woman stuff.

Best wishes and lots of joy with your new little one.
Flora

congratulations on the birth of your new baby boy.
glad the labour went well and you had no tears. i wish i had come off that well! i always seem to tear down the line of my episiotomy scar, and this time was no different (but stitches are healed now0.

hope your new baby is a good baby. my little girl (3 weeks old today) is no trouble at all.

congratulations and best wishes to you both.
barbara

Congratulations!! I am so happy to hear that everything went well (although not how you thought :) Welcome to the world little man :)

PERFECT!!! Wonderful news!! Congrats!!

...that is fantastic, it is such a precious time to have a baby, Look after yourself and of course your little on. Nicola :-)

Sounds like the perfect birth. Your my idol right now. Enjoy and be proud of what you accomplished.
Patty

Congratulations on your new little boy! Bless you both.

Congratulations on your little boy. What a wonderful way for him to arrive - well done you! I hope you're managing to rest and the wee man is thriving. xxx

Congratulations, Granolamom. I have been gone for over a week now, so I just saw your post. Actually, the main reason why I signed in today was to see if there was any news about you. Sounds like you had a very nice birth, how wonderful! Enjoy your baby boy! Grace

So glad to hear all went well. I am now recalling the article about prolapse and women in Africa, I think it was. One of the points I took from that was don't get back to work too quickly. Let yourself be taken care of, if possible. Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Marie

Congratulations on the birth of your baby granolamom. I'm so glad to hear that it went well, and that there were no tears from you. Rest up and enjoy your littlie. Looking forward to hearing more from you when you get the chance!

thanks for all the warm wishes everyone! It really feels like family over here : )

christine...to answer your questions re: how I managed the sibs during the birth, well I was way worried about that before, but it all just worked out so naturally, which is what I so love about homebirth, its a seemless part of life instead of an interruption as hospital birth was for me. I hung out with the older kids until I was towards the end, dh was home and 'in charge'. we had prepped the kids in advance and told them that when I'm working to bring the baby they will have to help each other out and go to daddy if they need anything. my dd really stepped up to the plate, she took care of her younger bros in a way I didn't know she could, she's pretty proud of herself too!

my big worry was the actual birth, I knew dh wanted to be there and I knew I didn't want my kids there so I didn't know how that would work out. but in the end it happened so fast it was just me and my doula. when we called dh in to meet his new son, the kids waited in the other room until we called them in too. I was surprised how patient they were, just goes to show you not to underestimate the little ones!

rosewood.....you give good advice! I've been letting dh take care of me last week, but he's got to go back to work tomorrow. I keep telling myself I'm not going to do anything more than laundry, cooking and child care this week, but its hard to let the dishes pile up and walk past mounds of toys.

I know its early, but so far so good re: prolapse. the only weird change I've noticed, and I'm hoping its temporary, is that I have no idea when I need to pee. no incontinence or anything, but when I go to change a pad I try to pee and I always can, which takes me by surprise as I didn't feel as though my bladder was full. I'll give my mw a call about that, but was wondering if anyone's had anything like that? or any thoughts/theories?

yup- I had that with my third birth- I know this is going to sound silly but I had so much back pain about 12 hours after his birth and I had no idea what it was from- that is until I realized I had not peed for 12 hours- ugh- it took about 6 more hours of making myself get up every hour to pee to get relief from the pain- It took about a week to get the sensation back-
I love to hear about your birth. I had tears in my eyes reading about how well your daughter did. Amazing.
and by the way.....leave the laundry for your dh- it is too heavy- rest at least one more week.

thanks alemama...now I know I'm 'normal' or at least that its happened to others as well.

my 6 yo ds has taken to helping out with the laundry. we live in a ranch (no steps) so that helps too. he empties hampers and lugs baskets to the laundry room. we also have front loading machines, so I can sit on the floor and load the laundry, no lifting!

I don't think I can handle another week of dh doing the laundry. he doesn't like to be micromanaged and I'm neurotic about the way I handle the wash. lots of biting the tongue!
but he's oh-so-sexy with the vacuum cleaner,lol

I had no bladder sensation after my second birth...didn't know until I was washing the dishes and started to go...was horrified as this was 19 years ago and totally uneducated...I decided to go to the bathroom every half hour or so in case and it lasted about two weeks and never had a problem after that. It must be very common...he was my really big baby too...10 1/2 lbs.
Still so happy about your birth granolamom!!!

Yours is such a beautiful story, Granolamom! I was totally fascinated by how fast the birth was and no problems. Really, do take care and don't overdo things too soon. Just love that new baby and praise the sibs for their willingness to help, hubby, too. I know how you feel about piles of dishes, etc., but the time will come when you can take over. Congratulations!

Love,
Grandma Joy

hi

BIG congrad's due - what a lovely birth and sounds like a sweetheart baby too.

I can't remember if i wrote this before but there's chinese herbs especially for after childbirth that are meant to be amazing, apparanlty the one time you can replete you're essential battery is just after having a baby - the rest of the time it is either sorta stabilised or being depletes- like our major life force. FOr some reason after birth herb's somehow can top this up a little - maybe a gift for the mom job.. Also tradtionally chinese women took it easy for a month after birth to recover and other's did her chores . Nice :)

x
Anne-helen

tell me please about these herbs...what are they called? where can I get them? am I too late, I'll be 3 wks postpartum on thursday. I hope not, or I might have to have another baby!

If I had others to do my chores, I'd take it easy for a month too! I'm really trying to ease my way back to my usual routines. still forgoing errands, dh is taking over for now, and I'm trying to ignore the clutter that's been building up, but that seems to affect my mood so I may have to clean up more often if only to ward off the PPD I'm prone to.

Hi

I'm so sorry but i don't know the herb's. I study acupuncture and only have a interest in herbs's,,, hence just read somewhere about the herbs a few year's ago. Any good Trad chinese herbalist will be able to do you a strong tonification preperation and i'm sure it's based on that famous formula. I hope you have someone avialble nearby, if not perhap's on-line, but make sure you go to someone really reputable!

Best wishes

Anne-healen

How is your prolapse now - After the baby? :)

Granolamom! You have been busy while I have been out of circulation. You clever girl. Congratulations on the birth of your baby son.

Your comment on how sexy your dh is while vacuuming made me laugh. I could be waiting a long time if I wanted to check out my husband vacuuming, french maid's outfit or not! You sound so happy.

Take care.

Louise

I nearly spit my tea at the computer screen, laughing at the visual of my dh in a french maids outfit! good thing I don't have any stress incontinence I'm laughing so hard I'd have peed myself for sure!

anyway, welcome back, you've been missed!