Sore

Body: 

I'm just coming up for 3 weeks trying the posture, can Christine or anyone relate to when they sit straight in the posture position the part where you pee from gets tender from sitting on it, (sorry I don't know the clinical names) Am i doing it wrong? I have to sit on a seat beacause the floor is to uncomfortable for me.
Also I am managing to do my housework in the morning but when i hoover the floor that's when it all goes down hill for me, I drag and i ache back and front and have to lie on the couch.
This is a new senario for me as my prolapse has been under control for the past 10 years, i know the posture itself is helping me a lot but when I do the posture excercise (drawing up the ribs and chest) I feel I can be sore down the bottom by this excercise to.
I am thinking that i should persevere as no pain no gain but please can someone help me through this a bit with a little advice
Also can I finaly ask, it seems that younger pre menoposal woman might have a better chance of reversal than an older woman does anyone think this is so?
I know I have asked a lot but i'm frightened that maybe excercises that i'm doing in an older woman may make my prolapses worse as initialy I am heavier (draging) and sorer.
The reason I am asking all this is that the posture itself has helped me and I am really trying for this.

Hi Anne,

It is my firm belief that natural female posture is for women of all ages. Yes, I think the younger you are when you begin, the more results you might see…but isn’t that true of everything? lol I have no way of knowing if this will really play out – only time will tell – but I have a sense that natural prolapse (not surgically manipulated) is a condition that does not worsen with age once the outer frame is being held correctly and no negative forces (toilet seats, tight belts, etc) are being applied from the outside. How can it when the organs are (1) being held over their natural floor, below which there is no outlet, and (2) not being blown down and back by poor postures and lifestyle habits?

I really don’t think the “no pain, no gain” is an appropriate concept for this work. It’s more like something you work at gently and diligently until a time comes when you can say, “no comfort, no gain”. The postures become effortless and completely comfortable. At the same time the body becomes incredibly strong. This work affects every aspect of our mind-body-spirit continuum. The important thing is to apply it gently and consciously and when you need to rest, do so…but practice natural breathing in the process! :)

I understand what you are saying about soreness when sitting all the way forward in a chair. While keeping all other aspects of the posture, drop back a bit onto your sit bones and the pressure will be released. Sitting far forward in a chair is not exactly natural and does place a lot of pressure on that area. Make the adjustments necessary for your own comfort. And if the firebreathing is uncomfortable, forego it. I think it’s interesting that it causes soreness though…a clear sign it’s pulling on the area.

Vacuuming is very difficult. I think it stands to reason, as wall to wall carpeting was a VERY bad idea and unhealthy for us at many levels. I will never have anything but wood and tile with a few area rugs again. I would rather shake a large rug than vacuum. At any rate, if you hold the vacuum hose at your side rather than in front (placing us in that undesirable wide V position) it will help. Btw, there is a store here in town with a pressed earthen floor. The ground beneath this incredibly beautiful rammed earth building was tightly compressed and then finished with some kind of natural shellac. Natural living is far more beautiful and desirable than many of us realize.

Hope this helps, Anne. Please don’t worry. No one can say where your baseline of stabilization will be, but most of the women here are content with whatever that has meant for them.

Wishing you well,

Christine

Thankyou Christine for taking the time to answer me. I agree fully with what you say and hope to find a place where my prolapse is stable and comfortable enough for me to be able to live with it daily.
As for sitting I should have used common sense as you have in your reply to me, please forgive me for being so silly LOL
Can I just say thank you for your book which i received the other day it was most helpful and I recommend it to anyone who suffers from this very uncomfortable condition.

a few thoughts......if you are sore when sitting you can flex your butt muscles to get the pressure off that soft stuff in the front- this way you can stay in the posture- maybe alternate that with resting on your sit bones. Also if you sit in your chair like you are riding a horse it helps too. As a last resort you could fashion some padding (lol) I hear you saying you need a seat- but could you try a stool?

As to the HOOVER- chuck it. get something amazingly light and save the hoover for once a month and have someone else do it.

And just so you know...for me everything got worse before it ever got better- go figure.
give it a little more time. And try to figure out what works and what doesn't - it may well be that some exercises are much better for your body than some others-
No pain= doing it right.