20 years of suffering

Body: 

I'm a 44 year old mother of 3 who has been troubled by chronic infections and the feeling that something was not quite right after I suffered a 4th degree laceration with my first child. When I looked at myself after the sutures healed, there was a bulge in my vagina that has bothered me ever since. I have complained to every doctor and not one has ever mentioned the word rectocele. Now I know what has been plaguing me for 2 decades!

Several of the stories I have read about constipation were like reading pages from my life. What bothers me so much is that year in and year out, you would think that at my yearly well woman exams something so blatant would be addressed. I am feeling such anger right now I could punch somebody!

I also suffer from chronic infections. These infections were always classified as "non-specific vaginitis". I would be put on an antibiotic and it would clear up for a short while, then re-occur. When I was pregnant with my third child, I was told that I had Group B strep. I was treated during labor with an antibiotic and everything was fine. For some reason, the infections subsided for a few years but then started again. It dawned on me that maybe there was a connection, so I asked my new doctor if she would help me find out what was causing the infection. Sure enough, it was Group B strep. My next step is to figure out the source of the infections.

I am so grateful to have found this website! At last a place where I can discuss these problems and not feel like a freak.
God bless you all and grant you good health soon!

Jo

Welcome - My problems also started in my first Birth but nobody ever told me anything about it till my first son was 16!

I hope this site is of help to you as it was to me.

Sue
http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/img/maddy544x150Banner.jpg

How many children have you had, Sue? My kids are pretty spread apart. They are now 20, 16 and 11.

I guess what really bothers me is that I consider myself fairly educated about my health. The fact that my prolapse was not once brought up over the years, especially when I moved and changed doctors several times, just blows my mind.

Did I mention that my doctors were women?

Jo