FABULOUS DANCE YOGA WORKOUT DVD

Body: 

Dance of the Chakras Yoga Workout
Ana Brett and Ravi Singh
White Lion Press 2006

I just reviewed this dance video and highly recommend it for post-partum moms and twenty-to-thirty-to-forty-something women. It’s mostly free-form dancing around basic core structural moves. The only unfortunate, and seemingly obligatory these days, segment contains Pilates-type jackknife warm-up exercises. It is All-American in style alternated with some very sweet Vedic chanting and singing.

Dance that frees and strengthens the natural shape of the female spine and pelvis is what I believe will one day become “women’s yoga” (just like it was in ancient times).

Christine

ahh well if you do put the work into a whole woman yoga tm dvd by yogi christine i have to admit i'll buy it!!! and then maybe when you have made a few million dollars (as lets face it there is a deluge of women who need help) you can post a version for free download on the web, and then we'll all be happy!

(and yes this comment is being written tongue in cheek!)

Good on ya Babs! I think we all have much more in common than we sometimes show.

Cheers

Louise

Intriguing idea, for sure, and one I had never considered. I’ve known for a long time that a women’s yoga needed to be developed, but slowly the truth sank in that women need a different discipline entirely. I believe the same can be said for gynecology. To a large extent it needs to just go away and be replaced by a women’s HEALTH care system that is something much more than pills and scalpels.

Truth of the matter is, I watched this dvd last night and felt more than a twinge of sadness, for although I could appreciate the beauty of the dance, I could not remotely relate to it. It’s the classic letting go of our youth that we all have to do, but I can tell you that for a “dancer-at-heart” who is only now finding her work, it is very very hard.

It is funny to age in this world that worships youth. Humans in the past regarded elders as wise and celebrated them and asked them for advice. What is wrong with our culture? We have made so many incredible advances and yet we have lost so much.
I understand the sadness you felt. I feel that sometimes too. I hope to establish (at least in my family) the old ways of respect and appreciation of those who are older.