colonic irrigation?

Body: 

i happened to be surfing the net this morning and looking at local alternative health sites.

as i recently reported my rectocele is improved since last delivery and is asymptomatic at the moment (but it still is there). i noticed one local company promoting the benefits of colonic irrigation on gut bacteria culturs (ie flushing ou the toxins and allowing the good bacteria to reculture).

it all sounds helpful, as i think my body could do with a detox, but could it actually make things worse?

here in the uk we are a bit prudish about such things, but i'm hoping that some of our american sisters will have experience of this treatment.

perhaps, christine, you could offer some insight into these things?

i'm slowly seeing the benefits of homecooking, but i also think our water supply is loaded with aluminium as i know this used to be a problem locally. the new treatment works is supposed to have helped, but i have a wee voice which says otherwise. could an overload of aluminium affect the bodies tissues, and more specifically, prolapse. hubby continues to have headaches, brainfog, tummy upsets, joint pains etc.

Hi Babs

I suggest you get a sample of water tested so you know how much Al is in it.

A month long course of a good probiotic will probably do as good a job as colonic irrigation for reestablishing the good bacteria, but you may have other reasons to go for the C/I. It all sounds a bit invasive to me. I would try the probiotic first. BTW I am in Australia, not USA. Maybe we're prudish too!

Cheers

Louise

i do take probiotic and prebiotoc drinks sometimes, although i have read christine's recipe for making my own on this forum. may get round to trying it sometime.

i will try and get water retested soon. it was last done about 3 years ago when the results varied between 600 and 2200 'whatever the unit was' per litre. (post pregnancy brainfog!)

colonic irrigation sounds invasive to me too, no matter what the site says about preserving dignity, but then again if it helped and was good for me, i might just overcome by inbuilt aversion to said procedure!

thanks for the feedback!