article

Body: 

Hi All,

Here’s a link to an article about the fallout from Michael Moore’s latest film, Sicko.

The new practice of urogynecology, organized in the 1990s to take advantage of the huge population of women suffering with prolapse (largely generated by decades of increasingly damaging obstetric practices and skyrocketing hysterectomy rates), is the belly of the “soulless monster”.

Christine

link

Hi Christine

Hmmm, I wondered how long it was going to take for the medical establishment to start grumbling. It was weeks ago when we saw the first press releases about this movie!

Are you having a little deja vu?

I think it is important to have people at the edges of belief systems, or else there is nobody to question why we do things the ways we do them. Otherwise no progress would ever be made.

Don't give up.

Cheers

Louise

Nancy
Hi to All
I am back for some help! I gave up with the first pessary! I know I should try the others but right now the finances are grim!
Anyway, what is this movie Michael Moore has out now! Never heard of it! Am busy with the part time job and dealing with the prolapse issue! Sometimes I'd really like to throw in the towel and have the surgery, but then you can't go back and undo it , so I'm still scared and really doing nothing except a few kegels now and then! Any suggestions on anything! I do lift heavy boxes in the bakery so I'm afraid of the prolapse surgery becoming undone right away! Oh yes, I am relying on the support belt and it is great! I think it's the prenatal cradle one or whatever! I am going to buy a second one so I don't have to wash this one so often! Who was this supplier again! Nancy

I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how you've been.

I got my pg support belt from www.prenatalcradle.com

hth

Hi Nancy

There was quite a bit about it in newspapers during May in The States. We were in the NYC area, and read USA Today & New York Times most days, also Washington Post and Wall Street Journal.

Try this article. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/movies/321671_sicko29q.html .
Or just go to www.michaelmoore.com.
Or google "michael moore sicko"

MM made Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11. This one is his take on the American health care system, and it does not look good!

Cheers

Louise