4th degree prolapse and laid back dr.

Body: 

HI. My son is a month old now. I did have a difficult pushing stage with him. I had to push without contractions because his heartrate was down to 30. But I didn't have any forceps or tearing. After coming home from the hospital, I discovered that my uterus was outside my vagania. My dr. said to wait that it should go back in. It still hasn't gone back in and I don't see how it will go back to normal on its own. My prolapse is by no means mild. It is severe enough that my entire streched out uterus was outside of my body. It is prolapsed to the fourth degree. At this point, due to the shrinkage, it is level or slightly outside of my body depending on time of day. It is also becoming raw on the edge where it touches my clothing and purpilish elsewhere. I also now have something else poking out behind the uterus. I called my doctor and the on call nurse(who thinks she is a dr) said it was probably "just vaginal tissue". Just tissue? I also see my vaginal walls lying flat at the top where the uterus is no longer in the way. It still hurts alot. I do not plan on having more children. Can I ask, did your's hurt? Mine's mostly lower back pain. When did it stop hurting? The nurse said that some discomfort was to be expected. Discomfort? No, hun, it's called pain. My dr. said that he could only prescribe Motrin now. All of the info I find is directed toward older women, not women postpartum. I am only 26 years old and feel very very old. I would also like to have sex, which I'm sure is quite uncomfortable with a still open cervix hanging outside.

First, congratulations on your new son! You are still very early post-partum and it will get better. Maybe not all the way back to where it was before but it will probably go back up a lot. My uterus went back almost completely. I was left with a cystocele and rectocele afterward. There are things you can do to help heal. Try to rest as much as possible and start implementing Christine's posture right away. That is what helped my uterus and bladder prolapse almost immediately. If you read everything about the posture it will give you peace of mind because you realize that you will be supporting your pelvic organs once again. You are lucky that you found this site so soon so you can start doing the posture right away and I'm sure you will notice big improvements in your symptoms. Also, as for sex it is actually a good therapy for prolapse because your organs get pushed back in. You are still probably too soon to have sex but once the doctor gives you the okay my advice is to go slow but that you should feel really good having sex. It won't damage your uterus or anything. And I haven't heard of one man that noticed the difference.

welcome hatbox and congrats on the new baby!
so sorry, though, that you have reason to seek us out. I cannot imagine what you went through, pushing without contractions. you're one strong mama!

your prolapse does sound pretty severe to me, but I don't think it sounds completely hopeless. start with the posture asap. read through the posts here for support, and know that you are not alone. so much healing (physical and emotional) takes place in the postpartum year, try to think positive, and take one day at a time. and bear in mind that you just grew and birthed a baby, so be gentle with yourself.

You hafta remember that you are post partum. Everything that is happening at THIS time in your life is in re-grneration and fixit mode. Your whole body is trying to get everything back to normal and it will be like this for about the first year!

So... All is not lost :)
If you read up on the posture and impliment it - You will find that internal pressures by using posture will make your body kinda pull UP inside/// Over time you should think 'ooh where'd that go' and then life will get better and better.

So... Enjoy your baby, impliment posture and welcome to a great bunch of women who will help you in any way they can :)
Sue

Look into the eyes - They hold the key!
http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/img/maddy544x150Banner.jpg