Pessaries

Body: 

Have any of you found the pessary to be helpful at all? What does it consist of and what are your experiences with this? I am leaning towards getting one if I am not better in a few weeks. I have to go back to work in 4 weeks (as a waitress) and do not have a choice. My family depends on my income and my employer has already given me an additional 3 weeks paid off for maternity leave. I am in no pain whatsoever, doing kegals, and recently started the posture, however, just the heavy feeling is annoying me. I would like to be able to do laundry again, clean my house, and go to the store without feeling of heaviness. I have uterine prolapse by the way. Not sure what degree, when I went to the dr he said take it easy, no heavy lifting and to do kegals.

Just noticed no one had replied to this. I am grappling with the idea of getting a pessary, and the only thing putting me off is the risk of it causing a rectocele (which I don't have at the moment). However I do hear many good things about pessaries, and I would suggest that for your line of work it may be worth having one for the hours you're at work (that you can remove yourself), but ALSO make especially sure you are in the posture as much as you can be while at work.

Best of luck for your return to work.

Hiya,
I have started a thread on the 'pelvic health' forum which tells my (limited) pessary experience so far. I have one that seems to fit now and it has made such a huge difference to my day. Although it can have its own discomforts, for me it is so much better than having that awful feeling of laying an egg all day!
Zoe x
I have a beautiful 11 wk old baby boy and a wonderful 2 and a half yr old daughter who make it all worth while :-)