posture

Body: 

I am new and I am interested in getting the video and book but until then where do I find the download for the posture. Thank you.

No message

The whole website is being revised and the posture download is no longer available. Here is a description of the posture:

Understand how important the arches of your feet are and go barefoot as much as possible. Walk with your feet pointing straight ahead and your ankles not bending in or out.

Do not lock your knees, but keep them soft and positioned directly over your ankles.

Relax your belly over your pubic bone. This is like lengthening the area between pubic bone and navel. It is not a sticking out of the stomach, but a proud holding. The muscles should be somewhat firm, but never tense. This encourages the natural curve in your lower spine. Understand that this curve creates the internal anatomy that keeps the pelvic organs positioned over the pubic bone.

Lift up the bottom of your rib cage as if you were squeezing the lower ribs together.
Keep your shoulders down and your upper back flat and broad. Do not pull the shoulders back as in military posture, but press them down while broadening the area between shoulder blades.

Elongate your neck. Do this by making your head go up and forward by slightly tucking your chin. Imagine your whole body suspended by a string attached to the top of your head (not near your forehead, but back at the crown.) Keep pulling yourself up throughout the day by this imaginary thread.

I learned this posture by standing against a wall, shoulders down and chin slightly tucked in. Or...observe a toddler.

Sybille

My Healing Pages:
http://www.homestead.com/happytrails2u/hits.html
I am new here and I have several issues to work on. First, I am 58 and last year I fell so hard that my Scoliosis became a major 70 degree curve. Not good for doing the correct posture. So now I tend to lean to the right and forward, kinda like a monkey. I have extreme pain but I will not go under the knife. The surgery would either kill me(really) or I could still have the horrific pain from all the hardware inserted to support my spine. So I have developed my own set of exercises which some of them are mentioned here. After my fall, my bladder prolapsed,due to the spine deformity. I am doing kegel with the navel to the spine alot throughout the day. I am currently using Tampons to hold my bladder up. I am stage 2. I have been fitted with a pessery but it turns around causing pain. I am going in Tue. to have it reinserted or refitted, I don't know. I joined here because I am very isolated with the pain being my main companion as well as my understanding husband too. In a years time I have become very deformed and it is so depressing. It is hard to do things with so much restrictions. I hope I can be active here and perhaps helpful due to my age. I had 3 children, all naturally with little complication, except for developing fibromyalgia. My labors were about 12 hours each one. I thought Fibro was horrible, but I was wrong-there are much worse things that can happen. Please visit my site as I have compiled lots of links to info about Fibro and Scoliosis. There is one page that has a link to my photography. I was once a photographer and I worked as an healing consultant in a popular Health Food Store for 20 years. So that's all about me, now what about you? Linda

Please do not think I have something to sell by adding my link-it's all about links to pages for resources and research. I am not in any kind of MLM, so please do not misinterpret because I am new. Peace, Linda

I hope you do not mind me having done this Christine...
As you remember I was having soooo much toruble opening the Acrobat reader thing - And still do... The one time I got it open I screenpictured the posture and made it into a Jpeg... I just found it on the compy today so can upload it to the new forum for people to see.

(Delete and tell me off for screen piccing if you want) :)

Here it is... (OK I noticed you can no longer upload pictures)

Will add a link to a pic then...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/supadeja/Dejas2/THEPOSTURE.jpg

I'm new here too, and very grateful for what I've been reading. I'm 56 and just came out of a horrendous menopause that lasted two years and nearly killed me. The final hurray was what I think is a prolapsed bladder - not sure - too scared to go to the doctor. Part of the menopause was a terrible doctor who didn't know squat about menopause and actually slated me for four death defying diseases that I found out were actually menopause symptoms. It's going to take a long time.

I'm the mother of 4 grown children and 6 grandchildren. I've never had a single ache or pain in my life - and am the most grateful lady alive - not even the common cold.

I do strenuous sweat yoga four hours a week - anyone have any advice about that?

I tried the posture and it seems comfortable.

Clonmacnoise

Hi

Clonmacnoise, lovely part of ireland, can't wait to come home.. but asides from that wellcome here and sorry to hear about you're difficult time with the menapause.. i'm not sure if you recently saw a post i send but i recently came across a lady who had a 20 yr menapause!!

I Hope you're able to find all the information and support you need here on christine's great site, check out her book too..

As for the hot yoga, well from a chinese medicine perspective,(i'm finishing my acupuncture programme this week), it may be not so helpfull with the menapause symptoms' that are heat provoking and sweat inducing. Like adding gasoline to a fire. That's my thought's anyway.

The more cooling slower yoga would probably be much more helpfull. I love althernative approaches to health and think menapause can really be helped in a big way with many of these modalities. Plus lifestlye and diet changes. Susun weed has a great book on menopause and for lifestyle changes i'd (naturally) go with TRad chinese medicine principles(biased i know!). A good practitioner would give you appropriate advice for this (i'e not Dr. CHina in the local shopping centre). but this modality is very effective, safe and time proven (3000 yr old tradition).

Best wishes

Anne-helen

Anne-

Thanks for your note. Yes, Clonmacnoise is a wonderful place. Traveled there to see my husband's Aunt who still lives in Galway - she's 100.

The hot flashes don't bother me - even the 200 - 300 a day I labored under because I'm a classic mezomorph and have a pain threshold to die for. I was wondering about the yoga exercise and if anyone else did intense yoga and if it helped with the prolapses? Anything to avoid?

I agree with the use of alternative medicines. I have to. I'm not allergic to a single thing except all meds. I can't metabolize them, so I just don't take them very often. Most meds poison me within hours or days. It's very frustrating.

I read somewhere that 8+ glasses of water helps.

Clonmacnoise