Walking with Your Baby

Body: 

I can't remember who wrote in this forum that she was feeling so upset about not being able to walk with her baby because of the weight - but this note is for her. I remembered something last evening that might be helpful.

I've had two babies. And I also had a rocker with a swivel base. My first baby liked to be rocked in the usual way - front to back. But my second baby liked to be rocked from side-to-side. The side-to-side motion is almost the same feeling as when you are walking with the baby. It's a different feeling than the usual rocking. I didn't have my prolapse when I had my children so I can't say for certain that this works, but it might be worth a try for you!! Bridi

somehow my babies always knew if I was sitting in a rocker or standing while holding them. I don't know how they know, or why they care, but they much prefered me to be standing and rocking.
but a rocker on a swivel base sounds really cool.
another thing to try is a large therapy ball. my sister used to use one, she'd sit on it (easier to maintain good posture than in a rocker too) and bounce gently up and down with her baby. baby loved it. I've seen a base for the ball too, if you're concerned about safety or having trouble controling the ball.