Rectocele

Body: 

Has anyone had the rectocele surgery through the vagina. The Dr. seems to think it is an good surgery and virtually bloodless.

I would suggest you read the FAQs on surgery, and to be honest posture has worked wonderfully for most of us - Thats totally bloodless... Painless too lol

Sue

Look into the eyes - They hold the key!
http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/img/maddy544x150Banner.jpg

most of us here have not had surgery
we've found that by keeping our insides scar, suture and mesh free we can begin to reverse the prolapse. the posture, the exercises and lifestyle changes described on this site and in christine's book are geared toward restoring our bodies' design which supports the pelvic organs naturally.

these surgeries, whether bloodless or not, change the structure of your innards. once done, there is no going back. many of us chose to give this non surgical approach a chance first, because you can always have surgery later.

before going under the knife, I'd recommend you continue to ask questions and find out all you can. specifically about rates of repeat surgeries and adverse effects (incontinence, painful intercourse, new prolapses developing, etc).

I highly recommend christine's book (the second edition). she gives detailed description of the surgical procedures, as well as describing what a prolapse is, how it develops, and how this work can stabilize or reverse that process.

gudch1

Can you share your feelings and progress through your procedure? Can I ask who is doing the procedure for you? I am 35 but I thought maybe I might do the cystocele and rectocele procedure in my 40's or 50's if I can't mentally get a hold of the bulge feeling.

Thanks for sharing

Post removed.

Louise