? about christines work out....

Body: 

is the workout in the book? does she have a ballet dvd? and what is the first aid for prolapse dvd? is that just info or stuff to practice? just wondering which to buy first. and also is there anything like a regular workout that makes you sweat? i know that probably seems weird but i use to do alot of running so im use to sweatingand i like a good sweat from working out. i know im strange :) thanks Denise

Hi Denise

Yep, the workout is in the book, and the tailored music that fits it (if you can get your head around it) is on a CD in a pocket at the back of the book (2nd edition). This is a ballet workout. The DVD is a more static (isometric?) workout. Both make me sweat, but not bucketloads. They are both very slow, controlled and quite challenging, because they are about using particular muscles and body awareness. I wouldn't really consider them a cardio workout. They are to benefit the positioning of your pelvic organs and get you using the right muscles so your everyday Wholewoman posture can do its everyday work in keeping the pelvic organs where they belong. These workouts are not designed to build cardio-vascular fitness or burn calories. Hey, you're not strange. It's horses for courses. No workout is perfect for everything. What the Wholewoman workout will hopefully do is allow you to get back to your running and make your more aware of your body prolapse-wise while you are running.

Cheers

Louise

the ballet workout doesn't make me sweat, but it leaves me sore for a day or two. I'm extremely out of shape, and it calls on all the muscles I'm too lazy to use. It feels goooooood.
for sweat, I like to run. nothing beats running,imo. too bad for me I have arthritis so I pretty much stick with walking. but its not the same as a good run.

i buy the book for the ballet workout and it also teaches the posture ans stuff? or if i buy the package that includes everything you mentioned? and if i only buy the book, do i buy the first or 2nd edition? thanks, monies tight so i want to buy wisely. Denise

my advice is to buy the book, make sure its the second edition
the ballet workout is in there, as well as the firebreathing exercise which I personally found invaluable.
the book also teaches the posture, and describes the anatomy, how prolapses develop, how they can be prevented, managed, etc
I keep reading it over and over and learn something new each time I read it.

I’m dripping with sweat after every workout. This may be because I must talk throughout and also perfect the movements in order to be an example for others. But really…if you look at any video footage of serious ballet dancers, they too are sweating profusely at the barre. Try lifting your leg a little higher, moving the rest of your body a little less, and performing the movements in a relaxed yet highly controlled way and I bet you will break into a good sweat too. :-)

ill be getting the book. Denise