One moment in time...

Body: 

Dear Christine & everybody:

I had a really bad and difficult day today and it was the first time that it didn't make a huge impact on the position of my pelvic organs! If half the trouble I had today would have happened before, my body would be in bad shape right now with all kinds of things bulging and hanging out of me. I admit that I was completely sceptical that the postural changes could help at first. It's truly amazing to me that it not only does help but that it helps me in a big way despite the fact that I have a lifestyle that is considered ####### the pelvic support system, I'm not young, and the damage has been there for a long time.

Yesterday evening I was talking to my husband about this whole thing. He recently read the surgery chapters of Christine's book and he was completely shocked with his mouth hanging open after he finished. He had always supported me and trusted that I wasn't going the surgical route, but he didn't fully understand why until he read those chapters. It made a huge impact on him. I told him I feel that I am so lucky to be in on the dawn of what I believe is a big event in medical history. It really gives me chills to realize that once more people learn about this, it's going to bring about huge changes. Christine, I believe you will go down in medical history. I feel so blessed to be able to witness it from the very beginning. Wow! Just like the Whitney Houston song: "Give me one moment in time. When I'm racing with destiny." -Chris

Dear Chris,

So very validating and supportive is your message. I don't believe in "accidents" and do believe we are all here to do this work for many reasons.

Let's just continue with it and see where it takes us. My experience is that our awareness just keeps expanding out (with a few contractions, of course...I still don't always see freight trains coming my way!) The Hopi indians have a belief system that tells of humankind becoming so unconscious that their world is completely destroyed. I think at least trying our best to avert that is one of the most reasonable ways to spend our existence.

I want to share something. I've had this amazing fascination with the "SIJ", the sacroiliac joint in between our sacrum and hipbone. It is now believed to be a major source of the back pain so often attributed to "degenerative" disc problems in the lumbar spine. As I've said before, lower back surgery is second only to ob/gyn surgery in conceptual error.

Well...I'm getting a lesson first hand as I "threw my back out" a few days ago. I simply bent over and heard/felt a snap and was instantly in so much pain I couldn't straighten up. The pain shot throughout my buttocks and lumbar area. I just stayed with it trying to understand what had happened and now feel absolutely certain that my right SIJ dislocated. I've been working very steadily and gingerly with it all week and it's much improved, but still deeply sore and stiff at the bottom of my spine on the right. The tendons that hold those bones together are the shortest and strongest in the body and are loaded with pain-transmitting neurons. I'm very aware of what led up to it and am trying to slow down and pay closer attention.

The body is such an amazing teacher and if we can just allow ourselves to quiet enough to listen to it there is so much wellness to create and so much suffering to avoid.

In (moderately painful) Wellness,

Christine

Hi, Chris and Christine,

Such beautiful messages. Christine, when I first began to read your story, I thought if you could do all that you have done (it so amazes me), then surely I can get some help from this. And Chris, I am so encouraged by your progress.

When I first found STWW, as far as I could tell, only my cervix was down. Then cystocele...then rectocele - AFTER I had begun the posture, etc. After crying all the way home from work and spending most of the evening depressed in bed and wondering why it wasn't working, I thought no, I'm going to be okay. If I had found this information any later than I did, I think I would have been in much worse shape by now. I feel like I have been able to stop the progress of the prolapse and stabilize, since I haven't been having any more of that sensation in my belly (I think it was my organs dropping) - I cannot even say how grateful I am that "everything's still inside", and I credit the posture with giving me that.

I just can't wait for the teleseminar. My husband has agreed to listen in with me, and my daughter will be there - I am hoping to get her to listen as well, because she keeps telling me to "just go get it fixed". Just like with everything else, unless it directly affects someone now, I think it doesn't mean as much - I want her to never have to deal with this - she's had 2 sons, both by cesarean (the second was after one full hour of pushing) and she's had asthma all her life, with lots of coughing. I am sure that as they become more educated, their support will grow. My husband has been great, but I feel like he has fears and anger and apprehension he won't express. I know that the things we will learn will be invaluable to my recovery and to our relationship.

Chris, I agree with you about being on the edge of history (Whitney said it!) - Christine, I believe thanks to you and your work, this information will finally become available to young girls and prolapse can become a thing of the past. I am just so frustrated that this even exists - it's so unnecessary - but as you said, all things happen for a reason. Life is for learning. I am glad to be a part of the growth. I hope you're feeling much better.

Take care,
Lynn

Thank you so much, Lynn,

Please stay with the work. It's really a lifelong process and we remain students of the most glorious organism on the planet, our body.

I may have a lot to do, but balance is not my strong suit, and I've literally written this whole winter with not remotely enough movement. Furthermore, I have these two beautiful overstuffed chairs in my office that I take "breaks" on, mostly when I talk on the phone, and that's what's killed me. I sit down in them and sling my legs over the big, comfy arm. Not only is the SIJ destabilized in this position, but a tremendous amount of pressure is then directed right at it. Live and learn. There's no free lunch:-)

Let's all try to learn from everyone as we slowly move ourselves into the light.

Heartfully,

Christine