I need reassurance.....

Body: 

I am 4 weeks pp and I am having a bad day. I knew about my prolapse going in to this delivery unlike with my first daughter. I didn't find this site until 9 months after her birth and was walking around with the bowling ball feeling. So this time I tried to do everything right. I had a completely natural childbirth. I came and rested a lot. I have been walking in the posture when I am on my feet and sitting in the posture and yet I feel so heavy. Right after the birth I felt great as the head pushed everything out of the way! Then gradually I felt worse and worse. It seems like my cystocele is getting lower and lower and it is right at the opening. I am starting to freak out. I don't know what to do. Is it supposed to get worse after birth before it gets better? I am waiting until 6 weeks when I get the all clear to start the exercises and in the meantime I don't know what to do. It just seems like things are getting worse. Before this baby I had no more symptoms from the cystocele and it was higher than this. I didn't have pressure there at all anymore, only in the behind. I would love to hear from others that have given birth again.

same here. my cystocele was great right after the birth, then got worse, then better. its actually higher and smaller right now that before I got pg, which is tremendously exciting news. more than I'd hoped for.

you stabilized it once, you will do it again. remember that your body's still going through lots of changes. your hormones are out of whack too and that isn't going to help. the adrenaline rush of the babymoon is wearing off, you're probably back to most of your real life routines and responsibilities and could probably use some more mothering yourself. 4 weeks is still REALLY soon.

I was pretty anxious to get back to the exercises pp too, especially the firebreathing. I found that starting too soon made the bleeding start up again. but once I got back to it, the cystocele started (slowly) making its way back to my pre-pg baseline.

I am optimistic for you.

kisses to the baby and hugs to you

Thank you G-mom. It was nice to hear your experience. I am having a really hard time being patient. I am starting to mourn all over again the loss of my life before prolapse. I can't even stand to do the dishes let alone go for a walk without feeling so awful down there. It is very depressing. I want to be able to run and jump and play with my toddler like normal. Even before when I found this site and tried everything I couldn't do these things because I still had so much pressure and now it is worse after this birth so I am just feeling really down. When did you start the firebreathing? I haven't done it before. Did you just follow the explanation on this site?

I know. the pp period is difficult, with the hormonal/emotional stuff that comes along with it. I've always said here how blessed I feel that I didn't discover my prolapse immediately pp. but even so, after this last baby, I felt like I was going to drown in self pity when I got thinking about the prolapse.
but I don't do pp well at all. I get down and depressed. a sunny day could probably reduce me to tears.
it gets better, but if you are anything like me, you NEED to take care of yourself. food - good nourishing food - at least three times a day. sleep, at night, during naps, on weekends while your dh watches the babies, whenever is imperitive. exercise, even just short walks, some fresh air and some social contact are important too.
do that for yourself and I bet you will start feeling better within weeks.
and btw, doing the dishes is so much harder to do in ww posture than taking a walk. leave the dishes for dh and go for a walk!

to answer your question though, I started the firebreathing a month or so before I got pg. saw results pretty quickly, but then had to stop due to the pg. started again about 8 weeks pp but whenever I'd do it I'd start spotting/bleeding again. so I held off until 3 mo pp. the instructions are in the new edition of the book.