shoes !

Body: 

I am new at this ste, and newly diagnosed. I wonder what types of shoes are recomended and what are problematic. Is even slightly higher heel a bad choice?

I have a hard time staying in the posture with heels. that's not to say I don't wear them from time to time, just not often.

I've been wearing teva flip-flops all summer, don't know what I'm going to do now that its getting cold. my toes have gotten used to all that room and fresh air.

granolamom go for the crocs- they are ugly as all get out but comfy and you can wear them with socks.....
If I wear heels for a while it makes my prolapse come down a little- but when I wake up the next day all is well again-
I like bare feet best

I've been resisting that ugly trend. don't really want to give in to it now. but maybe on your recommendation...

I have to say, i love my crocs. e ven considering getting the furry winter ones, they are so comfy. i agree they look odd and are trendy, but i think do my body a ton of good.
i also love Keen shoes--they do warmer winter ones, prettier ones, loads--all very comfy, flat, great for your feet and body. really recommend them!

Hi All

Well it interesting hearing all of you talking about keeping your feet warm in winter coming up. I guess you have a real winter. We're heading into summer in Oz and I am so glad to be able to wear less clothes and bare feet inside and thongs in the garden. My ugg boots have almost finished their winter work. I guess they are really like furry, covered-in thongs. My toes like freedom, whatever the season. If you buy them snug they just stretch to fit your toes.

*And* don't buy those crappy acrylic fur jobs. They can do pretty good imitations of real sheepskin these days, but don't be fooled. Pay a bit more and buy the genuine sheep skin boots. The thick wool conforms to the shape of your feet and supports them. The wool absorbs incredible amounts of moisture without feeling wet, and the leather breathes. When the insoles wear a bit thin you can cut up the good bits of your last pair and make new thick insoles. This keeps them going for years and years. My current pair have been through two rapidly growing fourteen year old boys as slippers, and I have now been wearing them for at least five years. They are currently held together with duct tape and looking very worse for wear, but I can't bear to part with my silver woolly moonboots!

I really don't think it matters a bit what you wear while you are out and about except to say that flatter is better, flexible sole is essential and give your feet and toes plenty of room to spread. They are a vital part of your balance and gait.

BTW, my ugg boots don't go out in public any more!

Cheers

Louise