flax / linseed grinder

Body: 

Hi wonderful women

I gather from earlier posts that a coffee grinder is the go for grinding flax seed. I saw a German friend of mine last night. She has an old Moulinex coffee grinder that she uses for grinding poppyseed, but she buys her coffee ground. However we are a family of coffee nuts and I am loathe to contaminate our wind-the-handle coffee grinder that we use to grind fresh beans for every cup.

I guess we are talking the same seeds here. I think what you refer to as flax seed is what we know as linseed. It is slippery little brown flat seeds that have quite a bitter taste that I wouldn't like in coffee.

Do you keep a separate coffee grinder for grinding flax seeds? I have found that only my granite mortar and pestle will reduce them to meal but it is quite hard on the wrists.
Is there an easily dismantlable and washable electric coffee mill out there? I really would like to be able to grind a few other things too. Small quantities of spices etc are easy with the mortar and pestle, but daily grinding of linseed is bound to put me off using it every day

I wonder if I can work out a way to use plies in the workout to grind my flaxseed. That *would* be a good way of killing two birds with one stone. LOL

I ended up devoting an inexpensive coffee grinder to flaxseed. The flax-meal proved too troublesome to clean out on a daily basis. My dh turned to desperate measures a couple of times and cleaned it out with the air-compressor. But both of us were too concerned with the quality of air in the compressor to continue the practice. Kit