Recovery After rectocele

Body: 

I wanted to respond to some of the articles and comments I've read on your site about women with prolapse experience and their after surgery experience. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and I feel fine and like I can do almost anything but I know I have to take it easy like the doctor said, so I can heal well. I was reading some of the comments and articles on your site from different woman and they almost scared me and had me feeling very negative and concern about my surgery but that changed because I feel better than before the surgery and my prolapse wasn't as severe as some woman. I think the surgery is necessary sometimes but women need to research the Doctors they choose to avoid bad experiences. The exercise may work for some depending on the stage of their prolapse, some women need surgery. Don't scare them out of doing it, give them suggestions from professional advice just incase they have to have surgery. I come to realize that some women are just not in touch with their bodies and are doing certain activites that cause this problem, for me the exercise I was doing caused my problem to get worst I may have already been in a prolapse situation after my 2 kids chidbirth but it was not that bad at all, my kids are 17 years old and 10. I have had an annual every year of my life before and after the kids and no GYN found a concern until 2 years ago I started exercising putting more strain on something that was already there a(rectocele). Maybe I was doing the exercise incorrectly, I don't know but I do know this contributed to the small unnoticable problem.That's something I wish I had never started doing or maybe been told these things can happen after childbirth then I would have been able to find your site for answers or some type of research. I like your site ideas I just don't agree that some women can avoid surgery because something can seriously happen to them like get worst or affect somthing else, it's going to be uncomfortable for them for life because I was very uncomfortable about it and how it felt and all the problems that came with it, I don't like having defects about my body at such a young age. So therefore I had surgery and my doctor did good job.I came to your site for other answers like what type of exercise can I do after surgery and how long after surgey can I start. For the women out there concerned about there prolapse problem if it's not bad just try the exercises that can help it but if it is that bad find you a good doctor and research him and go through with that surgery because you probably need it, then after surgery find the correct exercise to avoid this problem in the future. The best advice I can give you all,is visit your Gyn annually and stay more in touch with your body and be careful with the activities you do that put strain on your body.

I am glad your surgery went well. Our knowledge is more broadly based than a couple of weeks afterwards. And we can only say from what we have seen.

Yes there must be women out there who have had a great outcome from surgery. But obviously there are some (alot) of women who have to go for further surgeries year in year out to correct things.

I am glad you came and posted how you feel about this is is always great to have other views.

Many of us here have changed our postures and have seen AMAZING results from it.

I personally did not believe something so simple could change things so dramatically.

When i got here just walking to the local shops was a pain. It was uncomfortable and I hated myself.

I changed posture - and WAHEY amazingly my whole life changed and I exercise and it has never become a problem In fact it feels better and better all the time. :)

My Gyn is one of the best in the UK. He is not someone who advocates surgery lightly. Only for those in the greatest need. But there are Doctors out there who run on the money front and seem to think that any woman who has prolapse issues is wanting surgery. In fact they want help but not necessarily to have something done to them they can never undo.

If I knew a woman who was considering surgery I wouldnt be able to stop myself from telling her to try this way, and give it enough time and see if this way works. Mainly because if surgery was a fix, then women would not come to this site says Oh my god - Help me.

There are sites out there where the women have all had surgery , they say it worked yet their signatures tell a whole different story! (They list the year and what surgeries they had in this time) And many many of them have a list of over five surgeries to fix a prolapse - That scares me.

Christine has spoken to Doctors and has done many many years of work into this.

Nobody would ever make your choice for you - t is your life and your future. I really believe there should be a census of how the surgeries are at 1,3,5,7,9 years down the line as many many new surgeries are changed or removed down the line because of the negative after effects etc.

But
I ramble lol

I am really glad your durgery went well and hope you will keep us updated on your recovery and how things are oging, without people who are fully open and candid on this issue it is hard to see all sides of the issue

:-)

Sue

Look into the eyes - They hold the key!
http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/img/maddy544x150Banner.jpg

its all in the definitions. even postop your vagina does not look like it did before you developed a prolapse. so basically, its trading in one 'defect' for another.
I prefer mine, a naturally occuring change due to childbirth, poor posture or other trauma to one caused by a surgeon's knife. I feel like I have more control over it this way. for me that works.
for you, maybe not. to each her own. I am happy for you that you are doing well at this point, I hope that continues for you.
this site really exists to help women manage prolapse without surgery. which is why you'll find so many of us advising against surgery in most cases. we are not professionals, only women living well with prolapse.