Question about Prolapse

Body: 

Ok, I received Christine's book and have skimmed it (sorry, I have 2 preschoolers and 1 baby that is not sleeping...I'm buying time to write this email). Anyway, I'm 4 weeks postpartum now. I have mild cystocele. I am OBSESSED with the mirror. Sometimes I can see the bulge (I can feel it as well usually after I have been on my feet for a while) other times I can't see it at all. My question to you is this: Is this just something that never goes away? If I stand on my feet all day (even in the posture) will I be able to feel it? I feel like I am embarking on this war with my bladder. Just curious to your opinion, hopefully I'm not asking the same questions over and over again. As you can probably tell I have absolutely no patience.

I have a 4,3, and 1 year old so this will be short- but I do believe that you are very early post partum and that your cystocele may very well resolve- especially if it is very minor. Mine is gone- Rectocele is still there though. Don't fight your body- work with it. Start the posture now!

Yes, the mirror. I know exactly where you are - I was there too (most of us probably have been) about a year ago. I too was newly postpartum and discovered a huge bulge... so I go get the mirror. I had never looked down there before that I can remember so I can honestly say I didn't know what "normal" - if there really is such a thing - looked like (nor can I say I do now). That mirror was a daily routine for a long time. Then, life gets busy (you know how that is with 3 kids) and you come to terms with it. Mirror only enters my world now about twice a month. Things get more stabilized with posture and acceptance as time goes on. You will probably see marked improvement over the next year. There might be setbacks, but overall you will most likely find you have no time for the mirror.
Hugs,
Nikki

Hi

As a 5 month pp woman and 2 prolapses and other issues...I can tell you that one day maybe 5 days hey....maybe even 20 days can be great. Then something happens and it lowers a bit again.
I have posted on here about this and the wisdom is over powering. Know this....you will obsess about this now ( I did up until about 3 weeks ago) and then like was previously said...life takes over and you learn to deal. I actually posted in my 1st post about possibly "resenting my son (baby)".

I was proud of myself in conversation with a great friend today...I said simply
"we all have our crosses to bear, this is mine and I will deal with it".

I have come a long way and this is ALL THANKS TO THIS AMAZING BOARD.

Sheppie

I was too.
felt MUCH better when I stopped looking all the time.
4 weeks pp is so early, so much can and will change in the next few months. just recently (I'm about 6 mo pp)I got out the dang mirror and had myself a peek. I'm happy I did though because everything looked so much better than it did a few months ago.
get into the posture asap
and enjoy your baby :)

about how you feel rather than how 'it' looks. i wish i had started one earlier and then it would be easier to remind myself about how much better things have become in a relatively short space of time. As Sheppie said...you can have a run of great days and then a few that aren't, and having things written down helps you to remember that after the downs come the ups (literally!) and helps to do away with that sense of panic.

At 4 weeks postpartum, your body has a ton of healing to do and it will get loads better. the prolapse i have stopped peeking at about 10 weeks postpartum and I havn't noticed it being as low as that since. I do feel it pressing on my perinium from time to time but that is happening more infrequently too.

from my own experience i can go a whole day now and realise i havn't felt it (symptoms)... i've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how prolapsy things are, if i'm feeling fine in myself then that i have one really is inconsequential to me...When i do feel them its just a reminder to be a bit more careful about how i'm standing, walking and sitting.

sorry for lack of caps...i'm typing 1 handed with a fat baby asleep on my knee. try not to worry too much, it will get lods better and enjoy those new baby snuggles...

Soup xxx

So I'm reading all your posts and I have to vent. First before I begin my rant would like to say I am thrilled that there is a site for me to rant because everyone (my husband, family and friends) are getting tired of me talking about my v-j-j constantly. I am really just pissed about the whole thing. That's it just pissed. I'm pissed that I never knew anything about this before. Where's the Oprah special? I don't remember hearing Dr. Oz talk about prolapse. I am thrilled that so many of you have a positive outlook. It makes me think maybe I will be positive in the future. I hope to God this is not my "cross to bare". That will just tick me off further.
I'm doing the posture. I'm a bit of sloucher so I have to catch myself and correct. It seems to be helping. I walked around the playground today with my kids and felt ok. My husband got to run around with them and that made me resentful and sad. Also, I swear if he tells me one more time to have a positive attitude then goes downstairs to run on the treadmill...I'm going to kill him. Well that's enough from me today. I'm running on about 4 hours sleep. Everyone is napping except me because I'm on this site obsessed with learning more.

everyone's got one.
this one honestly isn't so bad. faced with the choice of a prolapse or some of the things I see others coping with, I just might choose this.

that said, if my dh told me to have a positive attitude and then went for a run, I'd want to kill him too.
I hate when people tell me to stay positive. grrrrr.

if it helps any, I was plenty pissed off too when I started with this prolapse thing. not positive at ALL. the polyanna's that used to frequent this site were inspiring and infuriating at the same time. and look at me now, I think I may be becoming one of them. strange how that happens.

I was definitely in a bad place yesterday...lack of sleep is getting to me. Today is much better. More sleep= better attitude. After I wrote the post yesterday I happened to read your post about dd's best friend's mom. I felt like such an a**. There are definitely worse things in the world. I am blessed with good health and a beautiful new baby boy. I'm just itching to be back to normal or find some sense of the new normal. ya know?

there's times I just want to be back to 'normal' too
and sleep deprivation is really rough on the psyche.
I'm happy today is a better day for you :)