Favour to ask.....

Body: 

Many people have posted that their rectocele is not symptomatic because of the way they eat etc. I have been seeing a lot of talk about what we eat lately. I was wondering if anyone would anyone be willing to post a sample day of what you eat to share with those of us that are still struggling to find the right combination of foods etc. to help?

I would be interested too. I find I grab quick things as I don't seem to have much time to make things from scratch although healthy eating means doing just that.

sample day......in a perfect world

breakfast-steel cut oats with fresh ground flax seed and a peeled apple-10 ounces of water-with emergenC
snack-smoothie- with spinach, blueberries-honey
lunch- beans, tomatoes, garlic, onions, kale or chard on a wrap
snack- home made hummus on homemade mixed grain bread-hummus has spirulina
dinner- black bean burgers on a bed of romaine with squash or something-
snack- blended frozen fruit-with some aloe and chlorophill and magnesium suppli

alternate snacks like popcorn, boiled eggs, hands full of nuts, slice of bread with olive oil, also any fruit in season I can get

this happens most of the week

Then at least once a week I just can't keep up with cooking for all of us and we eat.....

breakfast-high fiber cereal with soymilk
snack- granola bar-not homemade but ok- organic and with dried fruit and nuts
lunch- peanutbutter and jelly- still on homemade bread-with organic pb and j and an apple or orange or whatever
snack- another granola bar
dinner- pancakes and eggs- or the dreaded order in pizza.......

In our house 90% of our food is organic. I make a concerted effort to feed everyone enough veges- but disguising them in sauces or smoothies-this week I made a sauce for homemade ravioli out of a butternut squash- so good- we love fruit. I try very hard to eat wheat only once a day- Beans are always consumed- and so are nuts and seeds
and besides the smoothies we only drink water.

warning: I've been relatively lucky with my rectocele and bowel habits. I know many women here are much more careful with their diets than I have to be, so don't look at my diet as ideal. that said, this is what I ate yesterday:

breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with raisins, walnuts and some maple syrup
1/2 banana

snack: grapefruit

lunch: 2 rice cakes with almond butter and a bit of strawberry jam
1/2 banana

snack: pear
oatmeal-chocolate chip cookie (shhhhh)

more snack: carrot sticks and a granny smith apple

dinner: HUGE caesar's salad (romaine, some carrots, cherry tomatoes and olives); potato leek soup and 1/2 tilapia fillet

and I drink about 5 glasses of water throughout the day

tuesday's menu was probably a bit better:

breakfast: tea, grapefruit, handful of walnuts,almonds,golden raisins

snack: banana, plain yogurt

lunch: whole wheat pita with an egg, lettuce and tomato

snack: granny smith apple and (shhh) oatmeal-choc chip cookie

dinner: red lentil soup, romaine salad and toasted whole wheat pita-chips

thanks! anyone else? I know others said their rectoceles don't bother them anymore.....

because I'm not over-weight and don't have constipation problems, as I tend the other
way, and always have.
Stress tends to make my guts react to eating - esp. breakfast with almost immediate
urges to go. I do have to be careful about food combinations and occasionally have to add
hydrochloric acid capsules to my meals or I get sluggish digestion with painful stomach
gas and belching.
I have had constipation once as a child and once badly as an adult - from a very
stressful situation and flying 30 hr.s of travel from door to door. I did everything with
no result until I got a high dose of Homeopathic Aluminum, which worked. So I have
great compassion for that particular misery and the wish to just GO !
I don't buy much processed food and haven't since getting pregnant in my early 20's. In my
book, noodles and canned food and whole grain tortillas are the extent of my processed diet.
I eat sprouted wholegrain bread - by choice-I love the chewy full flavor, my family doesn't like
eating "Brillo" though, and they eat whole wheat. I avoid hydrogenated fat like the devil. I believe
we should eat a variety of high quality oils. My favorites are Olive, Grapeseed and coconut oil. I
believe in Butter. I am mostly German - so feel I am well equipped for dairy and bread. I just wonder
at the true nutrition and benefits these poor unhappy beasts can really offer. I've played with the idea
of cutting dairy just to see what would happen. There are those that believe dairy messes with
our hormone balance. Doesn't just everything ?
The really dangerous and sneaky enemy is sugar. High fructose corn -syrup is bad stuff. My
Immune system flattened out when my son was born (12 yrs ago) and I got Mono simultaneously. As a result
I had a bad case of Candida living in my digestive system...what misery. After Finally getting properly
diagnosed (by a Naturopath) I reluctantly, unhappily quit ALL sugar and simple carbs, even fruit (for 6 weeks) and
ate only whole grain, and little of that. Talk about feeling like a victim of the universe. Watching everyone
eat whatever, while I craved like an addict. I just kept telling myself that if I stuck to it I would kill off
all those yeasties and get back to normal quicker. I have never lost my respect for sweets and the
cycle of feeling bad that it gets going. For me indulgence is a fraction the amount it used to be, and now
I often find desserts to be cloyingly sweet. Another result has been noticing and not liking the way
refined flour makes me feel. Sluggish and flat.
I am always looking for our commonalities in this community, the happiest of us seem to have a handle
on diet and excercise. I have not found a replacement for my hiking and my brain chemistry is truly
awry. I am not happy and am scared to do anything as it always slaps me hard. I went for a walk
the other day forced myself to keep it to 30 min. -which wasn't far enough to get me out of the dog crap
zone, let alone cheer me up. My hips hurt, my legs are stiff. I came home even angrier and despondent.
I don't know how to become another person that would like this lifestyle. I just don't. My latest fun
symptom is leaking. So now I get to smell like piss and have this added element of humiliation ?
I wish I could exhaust this anger at my condition, anger at the incredible betrayal of my own body.
Wish I could trade the damn thing in.
Zelda