Help with exercise options

Body: 

Finally my doc diagnosed a small cystocele after several visits!
I am used to exercising on the treadmill as well as using weight resistance machines at the gym. It seems to me the treadmill may aggravate and worsen my problem. The doc advised no lifting but beyond that no suggestions. Not lifting is easier said than done!!!

Would like to hear what your experience has been with exercise.
I have ordered Christine's book and look forward to reading it.
This is a very helpful community of women with much helpful knowledge.
Thanks for any helpful suggestions!

Hi Suzita,

I have a medium cystocele and have found the treadmill to be ok, also the elliptical, but I only do it for 20 - 30 minutes at a time, and not very regularly. I switched to, and now prefer the cycling classes at the gym and I feel like I can really go for it and get a good work out with no pressing on my pelvic floor. I don't lift weights (ok, except for a 2 year old) so couldn't comment on that. I walk a lot (pushing a stroller). I also try to remember the posture when standing/walking, and have switched most of my chairs to benches (per Christine's book) so that my core gets some strenghening while I sit. Hope this is helpful,

Carolyn

I am glad to know the treadmill is ok for you. I tried the elliptical today for a short time as I wasn't sure if it would aggravate things after 30 minutes. I just received the book and DVD. The DVD was very helpful for exercises. I am hoping they will help to keep this from getting worse.
I was afraid the pull of gravity from treadmill or elliptical would worsen the situation! I used the bike at the gym and felt like I could get a better work out. I want to switch to benches especially at the computer as Christine suggested. I am so glad to have found this site. Everyone is so helpful.

Help-please- I am 58- 129 lbs in good health- I think- except for panic
attacks and I have a dropped bladder and uterus- I am confused on what to do.
Debbie

Debbie:
Please see my post titled "Christine - Daily Exercise". She recommends walking (in posture) as a daily exercise that you want to do even if you have no time for anything else. Walking on the treadmill vs walking outside shouldn't make any difference. Just make sure you stay in posture. I'm 59 and walking on the treadmill feels good, as long as I don't over do it (no 'weekend warrier' walking for 1 hour just because I have more time)!

Goldfinch

If I walk on the treadmill slowwwwwwwwwwer - and raise the incline upppppppp - it feels better down there - Less fally outy or whatever - So maybe the incline aids the posture? Maybe the incline actually helps get things where they are supposed to be as I start on the flat and feel UGH - Raise incline and in a minute or three feel Hmmmm. And last time I fels relatively normal after I'd finished :-) I dont go on for hours tho as I can't cos of disability

Sue

Look into the eyes - They hold the key!
http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/img/maddy544x150Banner.jpg

Sue - I've been hesitant to incline my treadmill, even though Christine said she runs up a hill. I think I'll try it after reading your post. What percent incline do you use on your treadmill? Do you start gradually and work up?

I tried many times and anything below 8 does nothing. So far I have managed up to 12 for a little while (Out of 15) But the at 0 its on this machine at 1 - so that confuses me lol

Sue

Look into the eyes - They hold the key!
http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/img/maddy544x150Banner.jpg