Cervial position- quote from a book

Body: 

This is from Taking Charge of your fertility. pg. 64.
"In addition, the cervix rises due to the estrogenic effect on the ligaments that hold the uterus in place." This is referring to around ovulation.

I have just been thinking of this and the reports here from women about how they only seem to have trouble with their prolapses during certian times-

So lets say it gets bad for you during ovulation- well what does this mean? maybe as the cervix rises out of the vaginal canal it allows room for a rectocele or cystocele to come in more and be felt differently.

Also there seems to be a direct connection to these different hormones and bowel function. I think the bowel must become sluggish under the infulence of certain hormones.

During AF when a woman is bleeding the cervix is low but it is closed.

I don't really know- I was just thinking about this stuff and wondered if anyone had any insight.

Hormone function is so important to us prolapsey ladies- So- does anyone know what foods feed healthy hormone production?

a while back I read 'foods that fight pain' and I forgot the author (will look it up later)
he promotes a vegan diet, claims that high fiber helps rid the body of excess hormones and that animal protein stimulates overproduction of said hormones.
that kinda feels right to me, but I have no real scientific reason to say so. he probably backed it up with some studies in the book though.

I know we are all different but I would love to have some sort of guideline as to where the cervix should be. I did read somewhere here in a old post that the pre-pregnancy cervix is unreachable but the rest of the post had been deleted as to what happens after children.

I know mine is lower as I have never felt it before and it was the first thing I noticed. Some days it was only up as far as the first knuckle on my finger. I would say the last few times I have checked it it was sitting higher than when all this first started, sometimes two knuckles and on occasion a whole finger length up! It was never the sausage type thing that I could circle my whole finger around though, it as more like the cervix had slid down the front wall and I could feel my bladder being squashed by something and if I pushed up under my cervix I could feel something hard underneath. When I mentioned it to the nurse about the position and stated that could not be normal she shrugged it off as if it does vary greatly.

I had both a doctor and gynae tell me that everything was where it was supposed to be and no prolapse and when I coughed nothing moved. So I am guessing that is not normal for a prolapse as you would think if the uterus has prolapsed it would have dome down on coughing. Anyway I don't have that heavy dragging feeling from it anymore that I did in the beginning so I am just hoping it is staying put and it if has dropped it is only mild and I can keep it that way with this work. I think my main problem is rectocele followed by the cystocele and they definately buldge when coughing which they didn't in the beginning. How much I have changed down there in the space of 3 months.

I really wished I had paid more attention to my bits and knew exactly what it all felt like before prolapse but I would never have thought to look as I didn't know about prolapse.

Just rambling with my thoughts.

Anita

The normal pre pregnancy vagina is about 3-4inches in length

I would assume a small prolapse might make it drop about half an inch (every woman being different etc) A etectable prolapse would be an inch or 1.5inch drop And anything else is a flipping obvious PITA lol

I will look for the bit where i read it ...

Sue

Look into the eyes - They hold the key...
http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/img/maddy544x150Banner.jpg

What's PITA? Bread springs to mind!!!!

P = Pain
I = In
T = The
A = A$$
lol

I can't find that bit I read :-( I was sure it was in my faves somewhere - But it's not Grrrr

Well either way It is about what I said...
Basically the inside of a vagina is a stretchable kinda thing (Not smooth as you would expect but kinda ribby methinks so it can stretch when it needs to)

And as I read before - It's 3 - 4 inches in length normally...

:-)

Sue

I still cant find it but found this - Anatomy pics
Some interesting (Ignore the name on link - Its about more than just that bit lolllllll)

http://www.the-clitoris.com/n_html/anatomy.htm

Any help?

EDIT

More pic links...
http://myvag.net/images/

Sue

Got it!

I remember doing a search about vaginal length and read on one site its about 6 inches long - I thought flippin hell my whole vagina must be caving in! If it is 3-4 inches in length then my uterus/cervix has just slipped out of position so I am really hoping it stays up there. I definatley do not have that dragging sensation like carrying around a bowling ball anymore and my bladder was VERY irritated at one point and felt really heavy like it was being squashed and that feeling has also gone. Maybe the rectocele forming is giving it some support. Who knows. Nothing I can do but keep posture and try and enjoy the symptom freeish days which by the way are always during my period when everyone else seems to be at their worst. I'm actually getting to the point of looking forward to my period! However I know the really bad days are on their way after my period finishes. Yikes!

Anita

Hey ladies

Let's not get too thingy about this. It is just an organ. Also, there are women who vary in height from well under 5' to well over 6'. So surely our vaginas are going to vary in length by about 20% as well.

How much variation is there between men's flaccid penises? And how much difference in length of erect penises? Most of them fit in a vagina quite comfortably.

I suspect that Masters and Johnson back in the 1960's probably measured vaginas and penises in both aroused and unaroused states. But I'm tired and can't be bothered looking it up.

Is it another case of Checkarama?

Cheers

Louise

Thats why I said it's a stretchable kinda thing...

The length is not really the thing - It is how YOU feel with YOUR prolapse - If the vagina was 3ft long would it make a difference? - It's only a number really.

Sue

ya. I think if the average penis length is somewhere around 6 inches then the average vagina length must be the same- or at least stretch in to be accomodating.....I know there are some foot long penises out there so there must be vaginas that stretch in to be accomodating to that length. I know it is a wonderful thing to find a good fit.

anyway- I am tall and my cervix is hard to find.....but some days I can get to it- so I know it is just so up and down....even throughout the day- \

Checking out the inside of the vagina is a really cool thing- and can give valuable information about fertility ect.....You can even feel cysts on your own cervix