wow...

Body: 

I just found this in my email. Have no idea what it is, but hope I win so we can get the word out!! My dear, dear, dear husband!

hi amanda,

i’d like to nominate my wife christine ann kent as a woman who is shaping the world for women.

christine is the world’s leading expert on non-surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women.

this largely hidden problem effects more than 50% of women in the developed world at some point in their lives. it is one of the most common medical justifications given for hysterectomy (again which will be done in half the women by 65 yrs, mostly unnecessarily). through her original research summarized in her breakthrough book saving the whole woman, natural alternatives to surgery for pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence (now in its second edition) she lays out the anatomical errors the medical system has made and perpetuated for over 500 years that has led to ineffective and debilitating surgeries for millions of women. these surgeries often have completely devastating results for women’s lives, frequently leaving them incontinent, sexually incapacitated, and in chronic pain. yet half a million of them are done every year. pelvic organ prolapse used to be an “old ladies” problem but is now epidemic in women in their twenties and thirties, largely due to “modern” obstetric practices. she shows definitively that pelvic organ prolapse is not a medical problem at all, it is a postural problem, and can in the vast majority of cases be successfully managed for a lifetime without surgery.

her website, www.wholewoman.com has been up since 2003 and has a very active forum with over 2000 registered members from all over the world. her book is essential reading for every woman interested in remaining whole for a lifetime and has been endorsed by best selling author on women’s health issues christiane northrup, md, legendary midwife ina may gaskin, renowned childbirth researcher michel odent, md, and mothering magazine publisher peggy o’mara.

she remains after five years, the only voice with the comprehensive, non-surgical solution to these difficult women’s health issues. she labors on her own, researching, writing and helping women both on her forum and on the phone and teaching classes at her whole woman center in albuquerque, nm. this is such an important topic for women and christine has shown such courage and persistence. she has had to dig the pieces of the puzzle out of the medical literature and synthesize the information into an important theoretical framework as well as practical techniques women can use to manage prolapse effectively for a lifetime. as a unique and powerful voice in women’s health, she deserves wider recognition for her work. and the subject itself desperately needs wider coverage to help keep women off the slippery slope of surgical intervention.

i hope you will take a look at her work and give her serious consideration. if you would like a copy of her book, i would be happy to send one along with my compliments. of course feel free to call if you have questions. to reach christine directly, you can call her at the whole woman center at 505-243-4010 or email her at [email protected]. thank you.

all the best,

lanny goodman

That is an amazing email! Just tell me where to sign up, and I'll vote for you! I hope that whatever Lanny nominated you for that you win!!!

Goldfinch

'Life is not holding a good hand; Life is playing a poor hand well'

Christine --

I'm so glad that you have Lanny's complete understanding and support. I too hope you win of course!

Lanny is a friend to all the women who benefit from your work. He is a pillar for us, by being such a strong support for you.

A sincere thanks to BOTH of you.

Ellen

Christine
I hope you win too.Good luck
Regards
Flora

Well, well, well. There's a feather in your cap. Hope the judging goes well. You and so many women have so much to gain from the publicity if you win!

cheers

Louise