Has anyone had a lump? (O/T)

Body: 

After having CIN3 in January and the Cystoscopy and removal of part of my Cervix...

I went to the Doctors today - About a weirdy feeling area in right armpit. I had asked two nurses at the Doctors to look previously - They said no lump and don't worry about it. I asked a Dr a month ago to look - He said no lump and don't worry about it - It's nothing...

I went today and asked this different Dr to look - As I just didn't feel right about it - He found a LUMP!

I am being referred for an ultrasound and maybe the breast clinic too. It is a small lump apparently 0.5cm...

Wondering why three other people didn't find it?

I spose it might be anything or nothing - Only the tests will tell. Whenever they are...

The Dr wrote on the form for hospital - Its in the 'tail' of the breast or something...

Praying it's just a lymph node or something - In left breast I have a lymph node in the wrong place (Not in armpit tho)

Has anyone had a lump in armpit and what happened?

Hi Sue

Very worrying indeed. Just take it day by day. I have at odd times had lumps under my arms that are a little painful to press. I have been told that they are supposed to be a reaction to an infection somewhere upstream (downstream?), ie away from the heart, so I always look for cuts, cracks, scratches etc that might be the source. Sometimes I find them. Sometimes I don't, so I suspect it is one of those things that doctors think they know the cause of, but they don't. They always went away in a few days, and I think that's the sign that they're OK. I'm talking up to 30 years back, so if they were going to be a problem I am sure something else would have shown up by now. I haven't had any for a few years now (I am 55) so I expect they were probably hormone-related or something, or maybe were caused by an infection I didn't even know I had. Funny that they were always one-sided.

So try not to worry Sue. See what happens over the next few days and just take a deep breath and do what you have to do if it doesn't go away by itself, as it may. I know that's not easy to do for Sue the worry-wart, but I am sure you will get through it. :-)

I wonder if anyone else has had them? They used to worry the hell out of me.

Cheers

Louise

Thanks... I think I am more annoyed that the FOURTH person I went to actually found it and not the first (or second) And it's been there all year...

Hoping it will be nothing. I am happy to be a worry wart for no reason if it is nothing...

Don't know how long it will be till I get the hospital appt - Soon I hope so I can get it out of my head. lol

Sometimes you are holding someone else's heart whithin your hands. You can drop that heart & bruise it. You can squash that heart & hurt it. Or you can stomp on it & totally annihalate it. You stomp on that heart or bruise it. It can forever be changed.

when my ds (now 4) was 3 mo old, I found a breast lump. it felt like a grain of rice, no, more like barley, and it was not mobile under the skin. my mw couldn't find it without my help. she thought it was nothing more than a calcification, but I went to an obgyn anyway. he couldn't find it either until I pointed it out and stretched the skin a bit too. he sent me for an u/s and to a breast surgeon. the u/s showed 'something', but the surgeon couldn't feel it for the life of her. went for a follow up scan and it was gone.

fast forward a year, and its back. same size, same place. so I go for another u/s whiched showed nothing and to a different breast surgeon (first was on maternity leave) and he couldn't find it. went back to him a month later and neither of us could find it.

whatever it was, I hope its gone for good, but I never did find out what it was all about.
I hope yours turns out to be nothing too.

let us know

Hey Granolamom and Sue

Did it strike you as strange that no doctor suggested an ultrasound examination for these lumps?

It may just be paranoia but in Oz we are just sent straight for an ultrasound if there is anything odd, and we have mammograms every 2? years, depending on age. Do you guys have these community health programmes?

Louise

Here you get a routine mammogram once every 3yrs from when you are 50.

Thoughmy lump wouldn't be found on one as it is not actually in the 'boob' area and it's in armpit

This Dr pressed Harddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd and found it - The other ones werent pressing as hard as him - As I feel all oochied up from it.

Just hoping it will be nothing - Will let you know when I get the appt.

Sometimes you are holding someone else's heart whithin your hands. You can drop that heart & bruise it. You can squash that heart & hurt it. Or you can stomp on it & totally annihalate it. You stomp on that heart or bruise it. It can forever be changed.

the obgyn I saw, as well as the breast surgeon, did send me for an ultrasound. mammo was not recommended since I was younger than 35 yo and breastfeeding (mammo not thought to be worthwhile in those circumstances)

Gmom and Sue

Ah yes, I had forgotten what it is like to have firm, productive standy-uppy by them selves boobs! So many things are easier when you are not lactating. There are some advantages to being an older woman. Like having your breasts palpated is not torture (as much) any more. They are just a rather nice body part.

Hope it goes well Sue.

Cheers

Louise

I called the hospital as I havent heard anything - They have no idea who I am - So obviously the paperwork is gone - Two weeks waiting for nothing ARGH

The Dr's is faxing another form to them marked urgent

*Sighhhhhhhhhhhh*

And the woman at the Hospital Ultrasound Dept left me sat waiting on the phone while she had a chat with her friend in the background....

That is so frustrating Sue and one of the reason I avoid the medical field as much as I can! Unfortunately, you can't in this situation. You just have to fight your way through this one. Hang in there!

Mae

Thinking about you, and waiting with you, too. Kit

The Hospital conveniently lost the letter, I had to be re-referred.

I see them later today...

Hoping it will be nothing...

Hope all goes well, Sue.

Louise

hoping it goes well sue
keep us posted

Went to the Hospital (Breast Clinic) Sat there for what felt like eternity (I was early as they are building a new car park and I knew parking would be a problem)

Went in - Saw the Nurse (Didn't even see a Dr) She felt the lump - Said 'We will get you back in two or three weeks for a Mammogram and a Scan (Ultrasound)

*Sighhhhhhhhhhhh*

My first Mammogram at less than 40 - lol (Eeps)

And the wait goes on...

I'm surprised they're making you wait so long for a scan
when I found my lump I set an appointment for an ultrasound for a month (earliest availability). the obgyn heard about that, got on the phone and got me an earlier appt (like, that week).

I'm sorry you're having to wait so long, must be crazy-stressful

I don't understand it either - When my Mother found a lump years ago - She was sent up to London hospital on that day or next day. The lump was non cancerous. But she was seen so soon - This is either the NHS being slow - Or I can hope that they aren't too worried? Who knows - they tell you nothing.

I am still annoyed it took 4 people to find the lump (Tho people are human and they make mistakes etc - To err is human) But FOUR? I just hope that when they do this - It all comes out as nothing cos if it IS somehting - It's had 6mths to fester etc...

Hopefully they will sort it all out sooner rather than later...

Well that was fast - Compared to the previous 6mths
Appt at the Breast screening clinic is on Wed 25th 10.15am

Went to the Hospital... Had Mammogram (Yeah now you know where the lump was ) That was weird - Never had one of those before... not as painful as I thought...

Had Ultrasound (At first they couldn't find the lump - Then they did...

Had a Biopsy of said lump (Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

Told I would have a Hematoma there for 6 weeks (Oh yay)

And I go back in a couple of weeks to see what the Biopsy shows...

(Praying it shows nothing)

Doc was very understanding and gave me double the painkillers after I explained I have MS and everything hurts me far more than 'normal' people...

So now we wait... again...

lol

It seems like yesterday to me when you first posted about this lump- but I know for you it has been a long time. I am crossing my fingers for a good result. peace to you as you wait.

Well Sue, you have done it! What a relief that these tests are now in the past. Bet you're glad ya don't have to look forward to them tomorrow, eh?

At least you had a little "lol" at the bottom. All you could do really under the circumstances. Hope it is not too painful getting over it.

Cheers

Louise

Take care, Sue...step by aggravating step...we wait some more.

glad you had the tests done
waiting is awful though
hope you get your (good) results soon
do keep us posted

Best wishes and positive vibes heading your way, Sue - I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGS))

~♥Blue

It is throbbing like no mans business

But - As you said - The tests are over - And just the wait now :-)

And she was a lovely Dr - Understanding and friendly and jokey which always makes things easier :-)

This too shall end..and happily I am sure.
Love and good wishes always,
Mae!

This last 8 days has been quite eeky...

I can safely say I have never in my life seen bruising like this...

Yestedray my boob was totally purple
http://xdc.xanga.com/93bc602b32d33197173822/b152441574.jpg
(You cannot tell what the pic is off have cropped it close to the bruise no actual views of naked bodyparts lol)

Today it is finally starting to get yellower around the edges and it kinda prickling and itching (I am told that is healing)
http://x1e.xanga.com/912c640a03633197380444/b152622359.jpg

Mum thinks they musta done some thing reallllllll bad (I dont know I was looking the other way grizzling lol)

I am still confused as to how this is like this when my armpit (where the lump residwes is completely fine...

Guess there must be channels to go through or something?

Just glad the healing is going on and soon (ish?) It will all be back to MY boob again and not this purple planet (lol)

Praying that next week I will get the all clear and can put this behind me (When my boob is pinkish again anyways) lol

Oh, such a bruise there, Sue! I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend - Here's to less eekier days ahead and a clear report back - I'm sure you'll be feeling in the pink again soon. Healing vibes heading your way, along with continued prayers.Take care and know how much we care! ((HUGS))

~♥Blue

Just got back from the Hospital, I got seen early as arrived soooo early...

Its OK. It is just a piece of dense fibrous tissue that has a covering around it she said...

YAY!!!

Good News Sue! I'm soooo HAPPY for you!

Goldfinch

'Life is not holding a good hand; Life is playing a poor hand well'

what a relief.

Hi Sue

Great news. It could have been any of us having this unpleasant experience. We were all with you, every eep of the way. Now, on with life.

Cheers

Louise

That's great news, Sue! As I followed your posts in this thread and kept you in my prayers, I couldn't help but admire the strength you showed along the way - I'm SO very happy for you! ((HUGS))

~♥Blue

Thanks everyone...

Well three weeks have pased since the biopsy and the bruising is still there a hell of alot (I am starting to think she is right to say it will be gone in August)

The bruising on top is going down...
http://x75.xanga.com/73fc624015730200185845/b155090773.jpg

Mot of the bruising left is underneath...
http://xf7.xanga.com/4d7c627552130200185883/b155090807.jpg

I am glad to be able to do things online again as have been having terrible computer problems and have had to get used to another computer (A freaky one lol)

Eeps - phone - bbl gals.

Huggersssssssssss