Interrupted by accident

Body: 

Hi Christine and everyone. My whole focus came to a screaching halt last week when I had a car accident. Ended up with seriously broken right femur which is now held together with a rod and screws. My sole focus right now is healing from that and currently just getting between the bedroom and bathroom on a walker. No weight on the leg for 6-8 weeks and then lenghtly recovery with physical therapy. Brings your priorities right in line in a hurry! Hard to practice any sitting postures due to just getting by at all right now.

I will continue to check in with the site during my recuperation and hope I can get back to working on postures and start to heal the rest of my body, mind and spirit!

Oh Sharon, I'm sorry for you!!! It must've been a bad crash, so you are probably very lucky it was just your leg. This morning the freeway I was on had completely ground to a halt and the accident that caused it looked beyond grim...both doors on the driver's side of one vehicle completely ripped off and Heaven only knows what became of the people inside. This fast-moving world requires our utmost attention at all times and even then some things are just unavoidable.

You can do a lot with pillows to support your spine in bed. I do hope your pain level is under control and that you have loving help at home.

Please keep us posted on your recovery and all good wishes for a complete recovery.

:*Christine

p.s. When it comes to trauma, our medical system is the best.