Yoga, Pilates, and Nordic Trak

Body: 

Hi again. Thanks to 1newtowholewoman (Is there a first name I might call you?) for the caution re yoga and pilates. When I first signed on to the whole woman website and skimmed the posts, I thought (I guess mistakenly) that there was an endorsement of such exercises ...of a sort. However, after my first post and reading further into other posts, I've discovered just the opposite.

So... what is the scoop on yoga and pilates... or is there at least a consensus here?

I don't think I have to worry too much... I'm not a former gymnast or contortionist... so I expect that I will most likely be at a stage which just "moderately" increases my flexibility. Funnny, I was just about to order a pilates machine.

How about Nordic Trak machines (the skiers)... any problem with that?

I have to prioritize, and my first priority is to get my cholesterol and triglyerides down and get more fit. So, I'm using the exercises Christine has advised (kneeling and leg lifts), have started sleeping on my tummy again (for as long as I can tolerate it at night), and have been trying to assume the posture (although I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it correctly). I'm doing those things and continuing my 30 to 60 min walks. So far so good. I have noticed less heaviness in my vagina since starting Christine's regimen just a few days ago.

Thank you so so much. The website and the input from the participants have provided immediate mental relief ... and the reassurance to continue walking ...which I feel is paramount to my health right at this time. Thank you.

Eva

Hi Eva,

Yes, yoga has been a hot topic here and I

Christine... I am enormously grateful for your invaluable information and your very thoughtful and detailed sharing of it. While I would rather not have prolapse as an issue to think about... I feel so very fortunate to have been led HERE. We live in tumultuous times and women's health certainly gets short shrift. Not to diminish any of these concerns or the seriousness of this issue... I can't help but express my happiness and soaring spirit. The sun is glorious this morning. One moment at a time we go. Thank you. Eva