vegetarian recipes

Body: 

Just discovered a website with some great vege recipes.
www.101cookbooks.com
Fibre is "king"!

Have given up my evening glass of wine...feel the sugar
may contribute to bladder infections.
Have always avoided "refined sugar" (diabetes in family)
and this was my last sugar "attachment"...
feeling free!

Thankyou Christine for this website.
The Whole Woman "posture" has made a BIG difference in
my ability to stay with the program...
i'm much more comfortable.
Also, avoiding prolonged "sitting" (computer) has been
beneficial.

carpe diem!
linda

Hey Linda

I do agree with you about cutting out all the readily available sugar from your diet. I used this trick to knock my last lot of thrush on the head after the antifungal stuff. The residual irritation dissolved immediately, and has not returned. It certainly doesn't do any harm. I too have diabetes in the family.

I think there is often a relationship between infections of different sorts, eg bacterial and fungal. They are all about irritation and imbalance. Starve the bastards, if you ask me! Evening out the peaks and troughs of metabolism has to help a body stay balanced.

I found that the more healthy my diet, ie lots of fibre and complex carbohydrates, as much variety as I can pack in; raw and fermented foods; seeds and nuts; going easy on meat, dairy and wheat, all make me want to eat better. I don't crave simple carbs when I don't have them. I do allow myself a small treat every day or so as well, but as soon as I feel the treats turning into cravings the best thing to do is just stop having them altogether for a few days. Will be interested in having a look at the website you suggested.

Cheers

Louise