WW posture helps and has become second nature!

Body: 

Just thought I'd share....!

The first few days, weeks, even months were very hard...my back ached and I consciously had to think about my posture. But now it is second nature and my POP and pelvic pain isn't as bad as in the beginning. I also love my "more womanly" shape given by the WW posture - someone even noticed the other day and that felt good!

hi shellymum
It took me a while to get used to the posture too
and now I, too, love my 'womanly' shape. I get compliments on my posture all the time now.
I'd say your hard work is now paying off. enjoy your rewards : )

Nice to hear positive feedback. I've ordered the book, but haven't recieved it yet. I've been trying the WW posture based on the information that I found here on the site for about a month now. Initially when I shift my posture to the WW position, I do feel a relief of pressure down yonder, however I feel off balanced like I'm going to fall forwards at times. Low back pain as well. But I'm sticking with it and hope to get used to it.

So how many MONTHS before you noticed a difference in your pelvic pain?

Again, I've ordered the book and this info is likely in it....but does anyone have advice on maintaining the WW posture while carrying an 18 pound baby? In the night, sometimes I have to pace with her in front over my shoulder and I find it almost impossible to maintain the posture.

that is wonderful. It does take a while to get the hang of it. I believe this posture makes the whole body stronger- and what a way to move for the rest of your life.

this makes me wonder if you're making sure to keep your neck elongated and your shoulders down.
while the 'point' of the posture is to reposition the pelvis, its crucial to pay attention to the upper part of your spine as well. otherwise its really really hard to keep that pelvic tilt going.

and to answer your question: "So how many MONTHS before you noticed a difference in your pelvic pain?"

I never really had PAIN due to prolapse. discomfort, yes. pain, no.
and if I remember correctly, it was probably a few months before I saw improvement in the discomfort. about a year before the actual bulge got any smaller/higher.

re: posture and carrying an 18 mo baby...my best advice is rest when you can, keep in posture when you can. carry the baby when you must, and do your best. but don't obsess over it. sooner or later you wont need to carry her anymore. I don't think it will limit your progress that significantly

Hi All

A new Member commented only a few days ago about 'learning to hold her body in WW posture'. It bothered me a little, but got me thinking.

My bellydance teacher understands what I am trying to do with posture and is helping to work out how I can do dance smoothly without tucking my tummy in and my butt under. She said to me the other night, "When you hold your body like that..."

I couldn't help thinking that I am no longer holding my body in posture. Before WW I used to 'hold my body' with my butt tucked under and my tummy tucked in. Now all I have to do is relax, uncrunch my shoulders, open my chest and let go my lower belly, into a proud, relaxed posture. It is more like letting my body fall into WW posture. The dance moves are slowly becoming more intuitive.

I have a mental image of a little woman made out of beads loosely threaded on strong elastic cord. Her spine is small beads with relatively parallel top and bottom surfaces. Her legs and arms are long, thin beads, representing the long bones of the legs and arms. Her pelvis and sacrum is a bead shaped like a serviette ring standing on its edge, with the bottom vertebra joined to the top of the ring horizontally, and the two legs attached to the curved sides of the ring, halfway down on the outside. When I hold her feet and stretch the cord her tummy and butt tuck in and her pelvis tilts backwards. When I let go of the tension and let her go a little floppy, the front of the ring sinks forwards slightly and a large lumbar curve forms in her curved spine. She is quite relaxed.

I now feel as if I used to 'hold my body out of WW posture', whereas now I feel that my WW posture is the most relaxing and harmonious posture I could use. My movements feel much more fluid and I do not feel like a coiled spring, with the potential to spring out of WW posture if I take my eye off my body. I feel quite balanced and tension free.

It is when I become aware that I have tension in my body that I realise I am out of posture.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Louise

Louise, I agree and like how you worded this post as it's true that I don't feel as though I am "holding the posture" when I am moving. This seems to apply during most all movement activities" such as walking, squating, running and even lifting the kids. When I am tired or sitting I seem to still consciously position myself. For example, now at the keyboard or if I am standing in line at a store. Hopefully the posture will soon become second nature even when I am tired as it is so comfortable and I believe even helps ease fatigue.