no uterine prolapse????

Body: 

I just got back from the doctor to take out the pessary for my prolapsed uterus because I had another bulge that needed to be identified.

He told me I have rectocele, removed the pessary and proceded to tell me that my prolapsed uterus is only slightly out of position. He had me cough and bear down and it still stayed there!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only been doing the posture sitting down and while standing, no exercises (have been too scared to do them until the video arrives) so I guess I mastered the posture because it seems to have put my uterus in place!

He told me to use estrogen cream for 2 weeks for the rectocele because my vaginal wall is the "bump" that I am seeing. I agreed. It's only 2 weeks, right?

MY QUESTION IS THIS....Could the pessary have put my uterus in place for just the time being? Could he be wrong about my uterus? The reason I ask is because before this new bulge I had seen another doctor who diagnosed me with prolapsed uterus (2nd stage) and fit me for the original pessary. Now that I think about it this bulge was there the 1st time I got the original pessary!!!

If there is anybody who has any info or advise, please let me know. In the meantime I will anxiously await the video.

LOL,
little marie

Marie,

I'm glad you got the pessary out. I hope you're feeling relief from that.

As for your uterus. Short answer: I really don't know.

Long answer: I do know that my uterus is on a sliding scale. Sybille, was it you that called it a "wondering womb"? When I got my official diagnosis I was a "stage 1 maybe 2." But, I don't know that lying down is the best way to diagnose a problem that is affected by gravity and I also know for certain that I've had (really great) days where I was closer to 1 and other days where I was definitely a 3.

I hope that doesn't sound pessimistic to you. I really think it's great that the dr. only saw it slightly out of place. I believe that if it can be there one day, why can't it be there all days? It'll just take figuring out what works for you. The posture work must be effecting you! And the video will only improve it moreso. I say keep it up (pun intended) and you might be in an even better place a few months from now.

Let us know!
Kelly