Correcting foetal presentation

Body: 

Hi All

Babygotback's response to Queenmother in the lifestyle Forum about squatting mentioned odd presentations and the role of squatting in overcoming them.

I just remembered a chiropractic website I found the other day, about turning babies in utero with chiropractic adjustments. It is http://www.todayschiropractic.com/issues/archives/jan_feb_04/jf2004_tech... . It was very thought-provoking.

Has anybody had any experience with turning babies like this, with the aim of minimising the chance of birth intervention?

Cheers

Louise

didn't read the article yet, louise
but my sister and bil turned a baby at 36 weeks from breech to head down, using a bunch of techniques I learned from lurking on midwifery forums. they were totally skeptical, but suspended their doubts because the obgyn had already tried to turn the baby and was talking c-section.
they're believers now!

My son was breech and we tried many things to get him head-down, including chiropractic (there's a specific technique called the Webster maneuver). Unfortunately it didn't work and he was born via c-section. When pregnant with my daughter I did everything I could to make sure she was in an ideal position. There's an entire website dedicated to this - www.spinningbabies.com - which uses posture and exercises to help babies achieve their ideal position. Unfortunately, my daughter was breech when I was 31 weeks pregnant. I was able to use accupuncture and moxibustion to flip her and she was born vaginally at 41 weeks (a VBAC).

The theory behind the Webster technique is that the muscles/ligaments are holding your uterus asymmetrically, and preventing your baby from being able to settle in its preferred position. The technique releases the round ligaments to allow the baby to turn.