could prolaspe be causing infertility?

Body: 

Ever since my first child, I've had problems with cystocele. Now, my husband and I have been trying to get prego for over 2 years. We conceived our first child with absolutely no problems. Has anyone had any problems with their prolaspe and not being able to get pregnant. My OB insists that it is completely unrelated! But, nothing else has changed...

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I don't know about prolapses and infertility--I've never read about that, but I'm sure someone will have wisdom!

What i will say is that our bodies change, and I have known other women who got pregnant first time w/o problem, and second time could not for no known reason (though none of them chose to have it investigated). I wonder if our hormones change, or if our bodies are drained...also, things can change in men too. there are so many factors, it's hard to know. There is an organisation in the UK who deal with infertility partly through diet, nutrition, things along that line--and it makes sense. we are so finally balanced--which i guess means it is so easy to shift out of balance, especially with demanding lives.

how old is your first?