Four weeks postpartum..willl it heal itself?

Body: 

Hello everyone,
I am four weeks postpartum with my first baby and just discovered a bulge in my vagina which I think is a rectocele. I had a very fast labor and short pushing phase and delivered a healthy 8lbs 11oz girl. I called my doctor hysterical and she said not to worry, that it sounded like a slight prolapse and not to look at my vagina(that made me laugh). I'm just wondering if these things ever resolve after childbirth. I am willing to do whatever it takes to correct this (besides surgery)but I cant help wonder if these things happen to almost all postpartum women and then clear up. I'm 27 and a little bummed that this might linger for the rest of my life.

welcome lyricmama,
and congrats on your lovely baby.
things will improve. many women have rectoceles after birth, and they can resolve as your body strengthens over the coming year. How much it improves depends on a lot of things, including how bad it is now, and what you do to help it on its way.
w/o anything i will improve some.
you can help it by looking up the posture on the FAQ page, and starting it now. watch what you eat, and never strain on the toilet. s hift your diet if you have to. don't wear tight clothes.
Christine has exercises that can help, and there's firebreathing and Nauli (see Alemama's posts about healing her rect through the breathings.
Chrstine's book (version 2!) has lots of so helpful info to explain all this...
(i'm sure there's more...scan through other posts by new moms and you'll get lots more thoughts... worry, i gotta run as little one getting unhappy) but i wanted to just (i hope!) give you a bit of hope.)
I came here with a grade 3 cyst and rectocele, and now they are mild and whilst i have to be mindful, are not the issue that they were two years ago.

kiki