To granolamom, alemama, and louiseds

Body: 

I just wanted to tell you three ladies how thankful I am to be able to read your posts and responses. I've been spending a lot of days since the discovery and confirmation of my postpartum cystocele reading of your experiences and it gives me so much hope and inspiration to know that I too can look forward to being as active as I like, as sexy as I want to be, and possibly expand our little family without being in fear. I write down all the positive things you have to say, and read them when I'm not online. -- gosh, that sounds a bit weird and stalkerish when typed in a box, but my sentiments are genuine. I hope that someday I too can be a source of inspiration. My book is on it's way and I'm *slowly* coming to terms with leaving my old ways behind and adopting a fresh outlook and lifestyle. These are dark days right now -- 3 months pp with raging baby blues and uber-slow progress in the state of my bladder. Well, a crawl is better than standing still, I guess. Not exactly how I imagined my first year as a mother! I keep hearing that a cystocele is something I have to live with (makes me picture my bladder as a slobby, annoying roomate) but I'm hoping (praying!) that it can become something I can live in spite of. Anyway, to put it simply, thank you.

I'm so happy that I can be helpful in some small way. I completely fell apart when I first found my prolapse, and the women here were my lifeline.
I cannot imagine facing a prolapse pp, with a first baby no less. it was hard enough without the raging hormones and the complete life change of becoming a mother. and even so, you sound so much more positive than I felt back then. coming to terms with this is a slow process, but you have plenty of time. and you'll get past the dark days. the big surprise (for me anyway) was that when I got to the other side, as I call it, I was a stronger and more grounded person. you dont' get to choose your challenges, but I believe that all of our challenges are opportunities for growth.
maybe the silver lining for you will be that from the very beginning of your mothering career, you are learning that you must prioritize your own health and wellbeing in order to best care for your baby. we all know that cognitively, but many new mothers (definitely speaking of myself here) mistakenly sacrifice their own health while on the job, so to speak. and that's not good for anyone.

I'm betting that this prolapse will become not only something you will live with and in spite of, but something that you live well regardless of. (that sounds grammatically challenged, but grammer never was my strong suit). you'll get the book, probably read it cover to cover a few times and feel a tremendous sense of empowerment and calm. you can do this. you will be ok. and before you know it, you'll be encouraging new moms like yourself.

Hey Bad_Mirror

It is hard work being a new Mum, and harder because POP has arrived with the baby, to stay for a lifetime, and unwelcome, but not unmanageable boarder in your life. It is the least I can do to encourage you, and illustrate how it won't always be as bad as this.

Some of it is physical recovery.
Some of it is positive attitude.
Some of it is thanksgiving.
Some of it is leaving behind unrealistic aims and dreams.
Some of it is learning new techniques.
Some of it is learning work arounds.
Some of it is developing better body awareness.
Some of it is rebuilding trust in your body.
Some of it is just getting on with it and testing your new body's limits.

If you benefit, that gives me a buzz. And I love a good buzz. ;-)

Cheers

Louise